Local Talk

Nice salad lunches in Central Bristol

(9 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Thu 18-Apr-13 18:54:23

Does anyone know where to get nice salad lunches in central Bristol?

I'm low carbing but all I can seem to find is sandwiches and potatoes etc...

givemeaclue Fri 19-Apr-13 10:10:14

Pret a manger do salads

GertieLush Fri 19-Apr-13 11:21:24

Poco on Stokes Croft do lovely salads, Falafel place or Olives & Co in St Nick's and I think there's a nice salady place just over the bridge from the Apple (sorry, can't think of the street - Victoria Street?)

BristolLEd Sat 20-Apr-13 08:15:55

Try Papadeli! They do amazing salad boxes and if you mention Mumsnet you get a free brownie or flapjack!

AuntieMaggie Sat 20-Apr-13 09:01:24

Thanks but I can't eat brownies or flapjacks sad

I work near college green so was hoping for something a bit closer...

stwerbsgeekymama Sat 20-Apr-13 13:47:41

Stuff near the centre? Caffe Gusto does good salad boxes - there's one in Prince Street (near the Harbourside). There's one on St Michael's Hill too, but I thought the one on Prince Street seemed to have a better choice of stuff.

You could have a look at the Falafel King stand in the centre. Not a lot of variety but I think they might do a non-wrap option (I always get a falafel wrap so can't remember what the other options are!). You can also get a salad bowl in My Burrito but again, never gone for that so don't know how good it is.

AshleighDown Tue 23-Apr-13 13:21:33

The Kitchen at the Station do really good salads and a falafel plate. Not only quite cheap, but also a fantastic community enterprise. I was genuinely surprised by the quality of the food. The coffee is really good too.

AuntieMaggie Tue 23-Apr-13 16:25:39

Thank you smile

I was hoping for something a bit closer to Park St but I guess I'm gonna have to walk!

BristolLEd Wed 24-Apr-13 16:45:07

Browns or the Watershed? Both do lovely salads, or do you want a bit less restauranty?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now