Local Talk

Warmley to Central Cardiff

(5 Posts)
Gwennan Thu 09-May-13 21:10:37

Hi

My boyfriend has been offered a job in Warmley but I'm based in central Cardiff. Can anyone recommend somewhere in between to live or otherwise the best place to live in Bristol to commute by rail to Cardiff?

Thanks!

crazymum53 Fri 10-May-13 09:14:54

You could try living in Totterdown, so that you are within walking distance of Bristol Temple Meads station.

UniPsychle Fri 10-May-13 22:30:11

I live in Totterdown, it's lovely. Quite arty. Bit like Canton, maybe. Lots of young professionals and young families. Great pubs. Ten minute walk to train station. And it's the right(ish) side of Bristol and so not too bad a commute to Warmley (A4 then A420) but the traffic on the A4 is atrocious, so could take 40 mins depending on when you leave.

You could also try looking around Patchwayand Filton Abbey Wood stations as there are regular Cardiff trains from there, but I know nothing about those areas.

lovinglapland Sat 11-May-13 10:45:12

Stoke Gifford is the area immediately surrounding Bristol Parkway station, it is a nice part of Bristol but very suburban! Good local amenities, close to the Mall for shopping etc.. it is about 6 miles from central Bristol though, so not so good for city life/going out in evenings etc. Stoke Gifford/Bradley Stoke area is also very close to the M4 so if you wanted to drive it is convenient, however there would obviously be bridge charges to pay every day.

34DD Mon 13-May-13 20:42:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now