Meeting new friends

(6 Posts)
hannahfro5t Fri 17-Apr-15 19:40:45

Hi there!

I gave birth to Rupert three months ago but have yet to find any mums with similar aged babies. I moved to Bristol 2 years ago and worked as a nanny which means that I don't have work colleagues/friends to catch up with now I'm on maternity leave. I'd really like to make some new friends with babies that Rupert can play with as he gets older.

I'm 29, married and this is my first child. I've started going to some groups/cafes in the Henleaze/Bishopston/Horfield area so it would be good to have someone to meet and chat with.

Hannahmsy Tue 05-May-15 11:36:56

Hi there

Just saw your post. I am in a similar situation, although for different reasons. I have an eight month old baby, however she was very premature so I missed all my antenatal classes and couldn't take her to any groups so am now at the stage where I'd like to meet up with local Mums.

Beth83W Tue 18-Aug-15 09:48:25

Hey, my name is Beth and my daughter Lauren is now 7 months old. We live in Redland (the Bishopston side) and are looking to make new friends. I've found motherhood difficult and don't get out much so would really like to meet someone in the Redland/Bishopston/Cotham/Henleaze/Gloucester Road area that we can walk to (I can't drive and am not confident about buses at all).
We haven't been recently (due to a nasty cold and then roof work on the house, boo) but the Friday morning group at Hampton House is lovely and it's such a shame I haven't met up with anyone from there since. I know there are kind and friendly mums out there! It's just getting together :-)

Mum2two247 Thu 27-Aug-15 10:28:49

We moved to bs9 late last year and after going back to work it's been a challenge to meet up with mums from where I used to live who are not local. My first was early so missed those antenatals too. My 2 under 2s and I are free some weekday mornings for play dates if anyone in henleaze/Westbury on Trym with similar age little ones is free?

cleoteacher Wed 25-Nov-15 14:24:18

Hannah's how old are you guys? I live in bs9 and there are lots of friendly groups to go to. In particular one called imps but it does have a long waiting list. I go to one at henleaze baptist church on Friday mornings and it's on on Mondays too you could try there

ninajanesalt Tue 03-May-16 11:02:30

I live in Redland, looking for other mums with babies for daily walk, with flat white at the end..... I have a new baby girl, Zara, 2 months old. I have 3 other kids, all boys, but they are a lot older. ( teenagers urhhhhh )

On mat leave look forward to sharing the woos of lack of sleep, teething and how the hell we get it all done. :-)

Message if you fancy a walk and a gossip. Nina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now