Sroud grammar schools

(6 Posts)
ArvidsDaddy Mon 02-May-16 11:21:17

Hello smile! Our ds will start y7 at Marling School in September. Our current plan is for him to catch a train from Parkway - Swindon - Stroud, to see how he could cope with this (we may have to move). I wonder if there are kids attending grammar schools in Stroud using similar travel arrangements, and what other parents think of this - is this feasible? Many thanks!

It's a heck of a schlep for your DC, what if they miss the connection because of late running trains? And then the walk from the train station to the school? Every day???

Sorry to sound so negative (honestly I am but you need to go into this with your eyes open)

And is the school actually worth all that?

ArvidsDaddy Mon 02-May-16 11:39:15

Thx AFingerofFudge. It is not negative and it is what we are thinking too. It may have to a temporary arrangement as we move which takes time. I was told there were other kids doing something similar.

As for if it is worth it, we are convinced it is. The school is outstanding, and there is a girls grammar school next door, which we intend to send our dds.

lovinglapland Wed 04-May-16 07:33:27

Why don't you ask on the 11+ forum? I know of 2 children who will be travelling to Stroud from Bristol but I'm not sure of their arrangements. Maybe some kind of car sharing could be sorted?

mumnetLogger Tue 17-May-16 22:14:33

Hello ArvindsDaddy, My dd is going to join yr 7 in stroud grammar next year. You can PM me to discuss in detail. Best of luck.

WheresMyBrandy Wed 18-May-16 13:42:58

I know of a few that go to Cheltenham grammar on the train everyday. That seems closer then Stroud in my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now