Commute from South Bristol to Clevedon

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

tarzyclark Fri 06-May-16 11:42:02

We're moving to the Bristol area in a few months as my DH is starting a new job. We're hoping to rent somewhere in the following areas: Southville/Bedminster/Totterdown but my DH will be working in Clevedon. Is this a realistic commute? Obviously I have researched the distance and maps claims it will be about 30 mins for traveling the 14miles. Does anyone do this commute and know how accurate that timing is?

Many thanks!

Phnut Fri 06-May-16 14:55:15

Yes, it's perfectly doable. 30 mins is probably accurate, although watch out for the notorious Bristol rush hour.

Bristol's ace smile You'll love it there.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 08-May-16 18:13:02

Hi folks. This seems to have been accidentally posted in Bloggers' chat so we're going to move it over to the local Bristol talk board.

tumpymummy Fri 20-May-16 15:39:35

Personally I would try for Ashton, Bedminster or Southville. Getting from Totterdown to Clevedon will mean he has to drive through more of congested Bristol whereas once you are out of Bristol the drive the Clevedon can be quite quick. Why not live in Clevedon though? You get a lot more house for your money there as opposed to Bristol. Lots of people who live in Clevedon commute the other way because they haven't been able to get jobs in Clevedon.

tarzyclark Sat 21-May-16 13:02:45

Thank you!

tarzyclark Sat 21-May-16 13:05:52

Thanks for that Phnut & tumpymummy. We don't know Bristol at all and thought that since we would be initially renting it would be a good idea to live nearer to the city so we can get to know it and move out once we have more of an idea of where we would like to be. Haven't ruled out Clevedon altogether but would quite like to live within walking distance to Bristol for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now