Whats missing in Bristol?

(5 Posts)
KamalLPWbristol Fri 24-Jun-16 11:07:19

Hi Mums!

I'm Kamal from LPW. If you haven't heard of LPW, we basically provide support and activities daily all over Bristol for Young People. We think we do this quite well, but would like to know what you think is missing in Bristol.

So this is just a quick post to find out what you Mums would like to see from us, but also to let you know more about what we do.

Have a look at our Facebook page to see how we help Young people in Bristol currently. www.facebook.com/lpw.bristol/.

Look forward to hearing from all of you!

KamalLPWbristol Wed 06-Jul-16 09:58:08

Bump smile

WheresMyBrandy Wed 06-Jul-16 19:24:47

Bristol is a really great place for dc.

There are loads of great places to take dc, loads of clubs, sports, great cycle track from bristol to bath, nice walks, festivals, fairs, circus, museums, skate parks, park run, parks with tennis courts/basketball courts and many more great things.

My dcs weekends and after school time is packed. The only activity I'd really like would be a cheap roller disco for families. My dc would love it but the current one is almost a tenner per person.

NurseMorag Thu 07-Jul-16 19:12:56

What's missing is a leisure pool. All the pools are functional and heavily weighted towards lessons. We drive to Portishead or Brean for a fun pool.

saggybumthebeerbelly Thu 07-Jul-16 22:04:14

I second the leisure pool suggestion, it would be great to have something with water slides. It would also be great to have an ice rink again.

Generally, central Bristol has loads going on for kids and teenagers. I have secondary age kids, and they both have activities they enjoy. Better public transport would be great so they can get to some of these more independently.

If you're looking to run something new, activities like Sea Scouts that do a range of activities for an affordable price are really popular but can have long waiting lists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now