Moving to Bristol and due in October 2016!

(6 Posts)
Camilalouise10 Mon 18-Jul-16 10:40:11

I'm due with my first baby in October and we are moving to Bristol from London in early September! We have bought a flat in Montpelier/Gloucester Road area, very excited to be moving but feel a bit anxious as I don't know any other mums to be or many other people in Bristol, and as we are moving back late in my pregnancy I will be missing all the bristol ante natal classes and doing them in London instead, which is a bit rubbish!

I would love to know of any groups I will be able to attend from September, or just to meet any other local mums to be due at a similar time?

givemeaclue Mon 18-Jul-16 10:44:14

Health visitors in Bristol run post natal groups where you go along with baby and meet other who had babies at the same time. There are also lots of baby groups around the Gloucester Road type area, obviously will be real mix of people there due to the nature of the area. Good luck with your move and baby

Camilalouise10 Mon 18-Jul-16 11:37:56

Thank you! Thats good to know smile

Brizzly Mon 18-Jul-16 22:46:45

Check out the NCT classes - I think they do ante natal and post natal.

Southvilleterrace Tue 19-Jul-16 17:52:18

Join Facebook group Bristol breastfeeding mummies. Has details of local bf groups and generally a great supportive group.

How far are you from KudaCan on glos Rd? That has cool stuff on often.

You could try a fb search of your postcode - I'm guessing you'll be BS7? Often there's good groups for parents and baby stuff on fb

Camilalouise10 Wed 27-Jul-16 11:25:32

Thanks for this! Will join that and yes very close to Kudacan. I will be Bs6 so will do some research!

Thanks all for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now