Any kids commute school 1st bus/train

(3 Posts)
3asAbird Mon 10-Oct-16 12:04:31

As probably most bristolians know bristop is traffic hell.

Looking at various senior schools
Biggest issue is logistics

School a 15mins direct first bus to almost outside of school. Plus 5mins walk to bus stop .

School b complete pain as no direct bus means change if bus in centre but again bus stop outside school

School c direct bus but 8 miles and goes round many areas so 45mins on bus .
Again bus stop outside school 5mins walk home bus stop

School d nightmare journey

Option 1 drive 20mins drop at school bus stop or train station train takes 10mins with 10mins walk max other side.

Mornings not huge issue it's afternoon.
10mins walk to train station
10mins train
30mins bus

Or 15mins bus then change bus and direct 45mins bus journey

Public transport in bristol not exactly joined up.

How safe is the bus?

Anyone else's year 7 doing independent bus journey or train across the city?

ScrumptiousCoffeeShop Mon 10-Oct-16 16:16:41

Have you contacted the schools directly to see if there are any school buses you could use?

crazymum53 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:25:48

Some schools in the Bristol area have their own school buses (these often work out cheaper than First) but many do not.
I sometimes travel by bus to work and see secondary school children catching public buses to school so it does happen. A lot of dds friends travel to school by bus each day so it isn't abnormal.
Personally I would say that schools a and c sound possible whereas of the others, I would prefer b to d.
There are some delays in the city centre at the moment due to Metro bus works but these should be finished in the Spring.
I would also check costs per week, per month etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now