Local Talk

Childcare in St Andrews, BS7

(3 Posts)
StAndrewsMama Wed 23-Jan-13 01:18:39

Hello
Can anyone help me with nursery/childcare recommendations in St Andrews, BS7 please? My son is 18 months old and it's time I took the plunge and try to find a job - doing what I dont quite know yet! Anyhow, whatever it is, hopefully I'll only have to do it for 3 days per week and it will actually cover the cost of the [said] childcare with at least £5 to spare. Hence, I'm trying to research possibilities in the local area. Or, should I use a childminder? I don't know what to do ! And already I'm feeling extremely anxious at the mere prospect of leaving him in anyone else's care - I guess this is normal?

Nurseries seem to be averaging £50ish per full day ? I've checked out the ofsted Report for Zebedees but it's not looking too good to me... anyone have experience there please ? Any suggestions / recommendations /job offers gratefully received. And thank you in advance for reading my little request x

scottysarah Tue 29-Jan-13 20:54:16

My little girl (13 months) has just started going to Ashgrove Road Day Nursery and loves it. (They have a 'Good' rating from ofsted). It is at the pricier end at over £50 a day but given the alternatives, and how much E is enjoying herself - I was nervous about leaving her - it's money well spent.

I read about Zebedees too and decided not to go and look at it on that basis. I checked out Green Door nursery too, but I wasn't too impressed by their outside area. Having said that, my friend's little one goes there (to Green Door that is) and is as happy as a lark.

S

KJB14 Sat 09-Mar-13 13:07:18

Find a childminder that provides a home from home environment(most do). Go visit as many as you want until you find the one you like. I used to have childminder it £40 a day but it can range up to £50. You can find a list of childminders on local council website i think or they will send a list on request

Or you could do a nanny share but have no experience of this.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now