Local Talk

Knitting & Crochet

(6 Posts)
OoooShiney Thu 14-Mar-13 09:32:26

Well, I've made the offer on the Bath board, so thought I'd share here too as I am on the outskirts.

I am happy to swap my knitting skills or crochet skills with anyone. My knitting is relatively new, but can help with getting started and some more complicated aspects.

I have been crocheting for a number of years now and happy to work out most things smile

I am happy to meet-up for a coffee bit of instruction.

I am based on the south side of Bristol, out past Whitchurch, but I do travel about.

MeandMilo Sat 16-Mar-13 13:50:20

Ooh, I love a bit of crochet! I never have time though. I started some rows to make an ear wramer headband at Christmas and I think it will probably only be half finished by next Christmas!!!

OoooShiney Sat 16-Mar-13 20:42:31

Mine started as a hobby to stop me eating crap in front of the tv of an evening, I lost so much weight when i first started. I always have a dozen projects on the go, so I don't get bored smile I've had some projects hibernating for years.

My new years resolution is not to buy any more yarn, must use up my stash. I've been good, I may have asked for yarn for gifts smile but I'm not buying it...

My DD is 2 and don't mind knitting the odd cardi for her, have been knitting like crazy for DC2 due next month.

I have been known to take projects with me to the pub/cafe, DH is no longer embarrassed by me grin

studentmidwifemum Tue 16-Apr-13 17:10:49

I would loooove to learn to crochet. I can knit a bit but Granny lost patience and gave up teaching me crochet when I was a child smile

peppapug Thu 18-Apr-13 07:46:53

yes me too! i desperately want to make a granny square blanket but have no idea how. have knitted on and off (badly) over the years but am a serial project starter and not so good at actually finishing things. people say crochet is quicker which appeals to impatient me smile

GertieLush Tue 23-Apr-13 08:17:44

Me too! I need to make a baby blanket asap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now