Local Talk

<pats bench enticingly>

(14 Posts)
MildMildWest Wed 14-Nov-12 14:21:20

That sounds a bit creepy, actually grin

I'm in Hanham with a 3yo and 6mo in case anyone fancies a stomp around the common or a large gin coffee somewhere.

Gurtcoocoo Thu 15-Nov-12 19:52:49

And lo there was a bench to which they did flock.....

Or maybe just trickled in...

Did you claim your Woo Hoo Pioneer badge Mild?

Dashizzle Thu 15-Nov-12 19:59:32

Hi I'm in brentry. Ds is nearly 3 and currently playing silly buggers instead of going to sleep story of my life

546chewy Sat 17-Nov-12 21:45:00

Dear Peeps,
I am a mum of 21 month old girl. I live in Chew Magna but can easily travel into Brizzle. Would love to meet new mummy friends for stomping around parks, eating cake, and adult conversation!! smile

BristolLEd Mon 19-Nov-12 22:24:21

Hello!
Bristol's Local Editor here. As you may be aware Local has had a bit a makeover(tah dah!) and I'm going to be here looking after it and trying to encourage lots of RL meet ups!
So far I have *Local Ambassadors*(lovely mums who have agreed to arrange meet-ups) for Downend/Staple Hill, Brislington and Bedminster/Southville. They will be organising something in these areas soon, so if you don't end up planning one closer to you, have a look at these pages in the 'group meet-ups' section and perhaps for the time being you could join one of them.

Eventually we'd like to have Local Ambassadors in every area to arrange monthly meet ups so if any of you are interested in becoming one, or know anyone who might be please let me know!
It will be very easy and in return you will have your own LA card which will entitle you to a few discounts.

We also have new facebook and twitter pages with info on events and things to do in good old Brizzle.

Thanks grin

studentmidwifemum Thu 29-Nov-12 11:35:24

I've been on MN for years and don't understand why I need a different nickname for local now sad

Also how can I find old threads on local talk?

studentmidwifemum Thu 29-Nov-12 11:48:03

Sorry poorly and grumpy in bed today

BristolLEd Wed 05-Dec-12 10:30:33

I think you are absolutely right and this has come up several times, I'm pretty sure someone is looking into changing it but will check now.
Hope you've recovered now! smile

BristolLEd Wed 05-Dec-12 10:41:40

Oh and sorry old threads should all be under the 'discussions' topic at the top of this page.

GertieLush Sat 05-Jan-13 21:03:33

Hi - lovely looking bench you have here. I'm in Long Ashton, does this qualify as Brizzle..? I can see Bristol from here.

lalapoopoolala Mon 28-Jan-13 11:22:50

Hi all, please could you budge up and make room for my 'curvy' arse on the bench... I'm a nice and relatively normal mum with 3yr old & respectable dog, a little sad and lonely since relocating to area (me, not the dog...) not very good at toddler groups!
I'm in Portishead, wondering if any Somerset or Bristle mums would like a friend blush for hot beverages, dog walks, wine etc. smile

blondiedoll Fri 08-Feb-13 14:55:01

Ooooh MildMildWest also in Hanham (Kingswood border but only moved from Hanham last year :D) Have an 8mo - would you like to meet for a coffee large gin soon?

MeandMilo Sat 09-Feb-13 10:12:07

Lalapoopoolala, I am in a similar boat. I have relocted to Brizzle, I have a baby + step son and a dog (though mine is completely crackers...not so respectable). I have found it difficult to get out and about to meet people.
Maybe dog walks are just the thing?

I have organised a meet for half term on tuesday at soft play in St Phillips (Brislington and Bristol-wide in the meet up area).
All are welcome! I will be posting more soon and hopefully shuffling them around Bristol so more people can get involved.

farah011 Thu 28-Feb-13 10:06:34

hey mummy's any single mummy about that wanna meet me and my lil boy he is 2 and a half we stay not far from cribs x;]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now