Local Talk

Bickley v Chislehurst

(5 Posts)
SBarrett Wed 29-Feb-12 01:43:44

Hello ladies

Really needing some guidance from mums in Bickley and Chislehurst area please. We have 2 concerns and really hoping someone here can help.

We are looking to move out of London. We have seen a place in Chislehurst BUT its not close to the station. We have put in an offer as well and now i'm thinking we need to do more home work. Just wondering if anyone does the route on Bromley Road in the morning and how bad the traffic gets on the A222 from off sturges field area. Bus 269 takes you to the station in 15 mins according to google maps but not sure this accounts for traffic. Something tells me from the agents tone that its not good. We really need to be near good nurseries and primary schools too . Are there any good ones en route to the station ?

2nd dilemma. Other choice is to live in Bickley. Seen a house and its 6 mins to the station but in terms of good nurseries and area is Bickley better?

Any help would be soooo useful right now. confused

SB xx

mumeuro Thu 01-Mar-12 12:19:54

Both Bickley and Chislehurst are lovely areas with good nurseries and schools, both state and independent. Bickley is closer to Bromley and more convenient in that respect. 6 mins to the station sounds great, is that walking time?

MaggieHK Sun 08-Apr-12 19:39:44

I agree - both Bickley and Chislehurst are nice areas with lots of schools. I live 10-15mins walk from both stations - the traffic down the hill past Chislehurst station isn't always that bad - not sure how punctual the buses are, but a lot of people take the bus from both ways.

pixie57 Tue 08-Jan-13 09:51:00

I live in Bickley and there are good schools and nursery nearby but I recommend that you identify the school you want your children to go to, and based on that find a house well within the catchment area because the catchement area for the best schools can be very small (ie. Raglan is only 300mtrs and Bickley is 200mtrs).

As for nurseries, you have Kidsunlimited, both my children go to that one and I'm very happy, the are rated 'Good' in OFSTED.

DanielRodson Tue 14-Jan-14 18:08:27

if you are "looking to move out of London" then moving to Chislehurst / Bickley is not doing this because they are still in London.

Kent doesn't start until just beyond Orpington, so maybe Sevenoaks or Tunbridge Wells are more what you are looking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now