Local Talk

Moving to Penge/Beckenham area any advice.

(5 Posts)
twinsie Fri 15-Jun-12 16:47:40

Hi there!

My family and I (DH and 16 month old twins boy/girl and another on the way in december) are hoping to move to Beckenham/Penge area august/september. Was just wondering if anyone has any advice re areas/child facilities etc. We saw a house halfway between Penge East and Beckenham junction station that I loved, but friend of DH warned him about area and said it wasn't great but I thought it looked fine. Also if anyone in the area would be interested in meeting up when we move that would be great - arrived in London last year and have to admit have been pretty lazy in getting out and about so far!
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

SilverSixpence Mon 18-Jun-12 15:23:30

Hi,
I lived on Penge/Beckenham borders for a couple of years and will be moving back there in September. Our house is quite close to Kent House station, the area is fine, not exciting but not much crime that I hear about and feels safe to walk home in the dark etc. The travel options are good as you can get overground to connect to the tube or trains to central London from Kent House/Clock House stations, as well as tram to Croydon. There are plenty of playgroups around, there are two community centres in Penge where they used to hold the ones I went to with DS, also lots of other activities available in local libraries etc.

twinsie Tue 03-Jul-12 20:12:26

Thanks a mill for reply. Don't get online that often. Move is on so fingers crossed will be settled in by september...smile

tsa746 Tue 24-Jul-12 16:50:26

Yes I'm Kent house and it's lovely. Parts of the penge/Beckenham borders are lovely.

Where exactly will you be? I understand if you don't want to give your road - you can PM me if you prefer. There are a few groups etc I could recommend for meeting mums.

bakerga12 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:27:41

We have recently moved to Penge / Kent house and would love to know about groups to meet new mums etc. Dont know how to pm tsa>?1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now