Local Talk

Moving to Bromley or Forest Hill

(6 Posts)
Babar50 Mon 07-Jan-13 13:05:48

Hi all, thinking about moving to either Forest Hill or Bromley - for more space (need to buy a house as now have 2 kids) and the primary schools. Access to Central London and Canary Wharf important as DH works.

It would be great if you can let me know thoughts on the two areas.... as I have been to have a look but don't really have any idea what it would be like to live there. I live in central London at the moment so v different!????

Thanks for your thoughts grin

allbouttsoks Mon 07-Jan-13 17:24:46

If you are considering these what about beckenham fwiw i think its nicer than bromley zone 4 not 5 there are 3 stations clock house / beckenham junction / new beckenham on different lines centre has a villagey feel & there are some good schools. Dont think its a lot more expensive than bromley though it might be in some catchment areas. I grew up in bromley & lived in beckenham for 5 years they are both very very suburban.

MetromummyRo Wed 16-Jan-13 12:20:20

Hi Babar, we moved from Islington to Bromley last May. Mainly for the schools and the larger house and gardens. Really happy here so far and just bought a place. It is pretty different and there are some things I miss- the coffee and food markets mainly but we wouldn't go back. Happy to chat further/ meet for coffee if you'd like x

Babar50 Wed 20-Feb-13 21:28:32

Thanks Meteromummy - Thanks so much for invite and sorry not to respond sooner. I'm pretty new to Mumsnet,,,,thought I'd be getting alerts to my email! I think we're settled on Forest Hill as it is quicker for DH to get to Canary Wharf. I'm moving from near Waterloo so a pretty big move. Aaaagh! Best of luck

MetromummyRo Fri 22-Feb-13 15:43:52

You too! All the best with the move and settling there (I feel like I should know where forest hill is but my geography of the 'burbs is AWFUL! It's amazing how quickly you'll get used to life outside central London. Have to admit that I miss men in suits tho. My hormones went into overdrive when I took a day trip back!x

toto86 Sat 23-Feb-13 01:07:52

hi
I live in lewisham and not far from bromely and first hill also, i really like the both, first here is litle bet close to the centrale london, but bromely is very nicer that first hill but is quit far from the centre, anyway me too i would like to pay a house, in one of this erea's
good luck hun and welcome with us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now