Local Talk

Moving to Bromley for schools

(5 Posts)
Trinity2104 Sun 10-Mar-13 11:10:52

Hi I'm new to mumsnet and I hope this is the right place to post. We are moving from Ealing to Bromley and would like to be within a mile of either Langley boys or Darrick school. Went to seea property yesterday on Pickhurst Park and discovered a council estate at the top end of it. Was disappointed as really liked the house.

I'm completely clueless as to where I should be targetting my next search. Can anyone recommend any areas/roads within a mile of either schools that are not next to a council estate? Thanks ver much xx

Homewarelondon Sun 21-Apr-13 18:27:10

Trinity, i am looking to move into bromley myself but have done a detailed research, tootswood rd and nearby streets look quite good although not many houses for sale. I also looked around bromley common but a bit concerned about safety there, not sure...butglaries etc. Langley schools catchment is tiny and estate agents tend to say that houses are within the catchment but be careful because the catchment just published for some schools is tiny! Need more research and especially locals' advice please.

VSBrom Mon 12-Aug-13 20:08:01

Oprington has good schooling and affortable accommodation. Locksbottom area and Crofton Lane area is good for accommodation and schooling. Not sure on Park Langley. Chatterton village is associated with Raglan but catchment is very narrow.

MulberryJam Sun 29-Sep-13 07:41:13

Have you moved yet?

We lived in the catchment of Darrick Wood for about half a year, a couple of years ago, when we were extending our house, elsewhere.

We lived off Crofton Lane. We were near the woods, which was lovely for the children. The neighbours were very friendly - I got to know more of them than I have living in my current house for more than 10 years!

Re crime, someone did try to break in, once, while we were there. But, frankly, this could have happened anywhere. It certainly wasn't every other day, and we felt very safe in the area.

You would probably find it cheap after Ealing, I would guess. We had a four bedroom bungalow, with a loft extension (2 of the bedrooms and a bathroom were up there) and a conservatory, with a big garden, and we recently noticed that the house next door was on the market for about £550K. <nosey>

carolg Tue 01-Oct-13 12:24:49

Hi Darrick wood school is surrounded by a very large Council estate. But does not reflect the schoo. They have a low/medium crime rate in that area. For Langley schools you have to be careful where you live as they change the boundary's all the time...They also have a policy that if you private rent you must have been there at least 18mths.....The only way to find out is call the local schools and see where the boundary's lie. Other areas you may consider are West Wickham Station side for Langley. Hayes has a very good school but again they have a very strict addmissions policy......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now