Local Talk

Petts Wood and surrounds

(3 Posts)
Teaonthebeach Mon 15-Apr-13 09:07:21

Hello all

We're hoping to move to Petts Wood later in the year and are gradually getting to know the area. I wondered if anyone could tell me a little about the south west part of Petts Wood i.e. Darrick Wood and Locksbottom. One EA advised us to get as near to Darrick Wood as possible as the catchment is ever-shrinking. From looking at the map it seems like my DH could commute quite easily from Orpington but obviously we'd be too far for a quick stroll into PW shops etc.

My DCs are primary age at the moment so I would like parks and local shops etc. to be walkable. And what is housing stock like - slightly more modern than the traditional PW houses? It seems a little cheaper than the popular parts of PW.

Any views welcomed! smile

fmmg2011 Sun 06-Oct-13 20:17:06

Hi Teaonthebeach, did you move to Petts Wood in the end? We are moving to the Locksbottom side of Orpington (hoping for Darrick Wood for primary next year) at the end of the month and would love to hear about parks and local shops! Thanks.

Teaonthebeach Sun 06-Oct-13 22:31:33

Hi fmmg. Yes we did finally move a month ago. Really really happy to have made the move. Just settling DCs into schools now. We ended-up more central Petts Wood in the end; purely a result of right house at the right time as we were looking in quite a wide area.

We've already had a tramp through the woods and visited a couple of parks. I've driven through Locksbottom a few times and the shops look really lovely. Good luck with the move grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now