Local Talk

French Mums?

(15 Posts)
BecsB Fri 10-May-13 22:20:40

Looking for French speakers with little ones for a playdate.

bonjourlondon Tue 14-May-13 06:34:17

Hello,
I am not in the area yet but planning to move over the summer with our son who's 5. I'm French and my husband is British, so perhaps we could meet once we've moved in the area? Where are you living? We're planning to move in Beckenham.

passionateparent Wed 29-May-13 21:49:31

I am in the same situation as bonjourlondon. We are planning to movein the beckenham/shortlands area this summer. I'm french and my husband is british. We have two sons age 2 and 3. We could meet up this summerm

bonjourlondon Fri 07-Jun-13 11:37:57

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for posts, but we've decided to stay in France for the moment, but might move in one year, so let's keep in touch.

BecsB Fri 21-Jun-13 12:42:00

Where are you living in France? Stay in touch & if there is anything we can do to help just say.

marion1981 Mon 24-Jun-13 12:34:51

Hi everyone,
I am French with a 10 months baby girl. Would love to meet some French mums in my area. Please let me know if you are keen too and we can arrange a meetup soon!
Marion

bonjourlondon Fri 20-Sep-13 10:30:21

Hello Ladies,
Thought I drop a quick line to say that we are going to move in a few months, changed our minds in the end and coming back! So if any french mums want to share info about getting a school space, getting used to the area and meet up in the future, that would be great!!
HOpe to hear from you.

bonjourlondon Wed 25-Sep-13 10:01:14

Bonjour all,
Just wondering if any French parents are around and willing to share thoughts and tips and possibly meet in the future, as we'll move to the Beckenham/Bromley area (unsure yet where) in a few months from the south of France. I'm french and my husband is english and our son is 5 and a half. I look forward to the move but am also nervous...specially with the whole school application process.

passionateparent Tue 15-Oct-13 20:09:38

Hi Bonjour LOndon,

Have you moved yet?

bonjourlondon Wed 16-Oct-13 07:22:13

Hi Passionate,
Thanks for your post, we haven't moved yet but soon. Will PM you now.

Frenchinbromley Tue 12-Nov-13 18:11:59

Hi bonjourlondon,
I am a french mother in Bromley but most importantly, I am one of the Founders who set-up Bromley Bilingual School. I have read a few of your posts so thought I would write you a short note. As you may know, we are hosting a new public meeting on Saturday 23 November. Not sure if you have moved here already but if so, please do come along. We now have secured the perfect site so the address will be officially announced then and we also have found our Head Teacher. Things are moving along very well and our Parent's Group are all so happy with everything so far. In the meantime, if you, or other mothers from mumsnet, need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks.

Happylifeinlondon Wed 13-Nov-13 07:55:00

Bonjour à vous,
J'ai lu avec intérêt vos messages ; j'habite également à Bromley.
Juste une question : pourquoi écrivez-vous en anglais alors que vous êtes toutes françaises et que vous vous adressez à d'autres Françaises ? Auriez-vous déjà oublié la langue de Molière ? ;-)

bonjourlondon Fri 15-Nov-13 07:15:14

Bonjour Happylifeinlondon,
Merci de ton message. The reason I personnaly chose to speak in English here is that we are on an English forum in England where all speakers will speak english. So wanting to be polite to readers and posters as a sign of respect and consideration I think it is right to speak in English and not french. Also, I did not initiate this thread, I responded to an initial post in English brom BecsB who was looking for french speakers, not french people. Voilà, that's why. In the meantime, I am very happy to speak french with you, and anyone, and appreciate your question.
Bonjour aussi Frenchinbromley,
Many thanks, yes I do follow the BBS project and find it amazing. I am under the impression that we actually know each other already and will PM you.
Have a good day all.

CarolineF2014 Tue 22-Apr-14 15:38:10

Hi all,
This discussion is now a few months old but I am hoping this message will still be read. I am also a new mum in Bromley (borough) and I would love to meet other French mums. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Bonne journée,
Caroline

Helena87 Tue 09-Sep-14 14:32:21

Bonjour toutes,

I'm due 12th October with my first baby and would love to meet up with other francophone/ french mummies for coffee/ meal/ play dates/ anything really smile .... Any meet ups going on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now