Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Local Talk

Chislehurst secondary options

(2 Posts)
PeaBaby Tue 11-Jun-13 22:19:01

Hi,
We are currently considering buying a house in Chislehurst but I'm having wobbles about schools in the area. My DS is only Reception age at the moment, but this would be a long term move so I need to consider our options (although I am aware that schools and catchment areas change year on year).
At the moment the only realistic option that seems to be available for a boy would be Coopers, which I have heard really bad reports about, (from a friend's son who 'graduated' from there recently). Is there anywhere else? Do people really commute to the Bexley grammars from there? I know traffic is pants in the morning and could imagine that would take ages.
Does anyone live in Chislehurst and have some insight to give me? I really don't think that private would be an option for us.

Thanks in advance
Px

MulberryJam Mon 07-Oct-13 15:17:41

Have you moved?

People certainly do commute to the Bexley Grammars, the Kent Grammars and St Olaves from Chislehurst.

Please bear in mind that there is no way of being certain that your DS will get into a selective school, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now