School nurses

(8 Posts)
Patry Fri 15-Apr-16 12:22:15

What information do people have about Bromley cancelling funding for school nurses from next year?

LocalEditorBromley Mon 18-Apr-16 21:07:01

This is the first that we have heard about it, although we are not sure that all Bromley schools have nurses on site anyway. Where did you hear this? We will ask around!

Patry Mon 18-Apr-16 21:19:41

From a friend whose friend is a school nurse and has just been told it's been decommissioned.

Clare1208 Tue 19-Apr-16 08:51:00
This is the service currently provided in Bromley which according to a SN facebook group is being decommissioned.

Patry Tue 19-Apr-16 09:34:51

Thank you
Do you know anything about how they propose to integrate this service into other NHS services? Is it all going to be delivered at practice level?

AureliaViolet Fri 20-May-16 17:48:56

My friend works there. Bromley Healthcare have lost the contract. It will be taken over by another borough (Richmond I think). Some people will definitely be losing their jobs and lots of changes going on so all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Pawliczuk64 Sat 28-May-16 14:32:42

Richmond is ONLY taking over the vaccination service that is currently provided to all school children in Bromley. Vaccination WILL continue in Bromley schools.
ALL other school nurse services such as developmental checks, eneuresis clinics, puberty talks, drop in services, and the such are being decommisioned after 31/03/17 by Bromley. So yes it is believed that Bromley are no longer going to have school nurses and I gather that all of the school nurses are seeking employment in other areas.
What will happen to safeguarding and the such is not clear however the school nurses are no longer being employed as far as I am aware.
Only the vaccinations are continuing as they are part commissioned by PHE ( Public Health England) These are being commisioned by Richmond and Houndslow Primary Health Care Trust on behalf of PHE.

Pawliczuk64 Sat 28-May-16 14:35:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now