Opticians for a child?

(6 Posts)
MsMarple12 Tue 14-Jun-16 14:01:01

Hi can anyone recommend a child friendly optician in the Bromley area?

MulberryJam Tue 14-Jun-16 18:26:38

I usually go to Vision Express at the Nugent Centre in Orpington. They have quite a cool area for children, where they can take photographs of themselves with the various frames, to help them decide.

It's not very speedy, for "express", though.

ReluctantOrpingtonian Tue 14-Jun-16 18:54:34

If you're in Orpington, I can recommend Boots on the High St. We frequently go in without an appointment and they happily help with bent bits!

If you want spares, in addition to the NHS voucher glasses, you can get a replacement plan (about £25) to cover anything.

nancy75 Tue 14-Jun-16 21:16:10

I recommend boots in Bromley, I use them for my own eye care ( complicated prescription and lots of issues!) I also use them for dd and have never had any problems with them.

MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 15-Jun-16 09:21:17

We also use Boots in INTU for DH, me and DD since she was 3 or 4, and have had no problems. The opticians and other staff are all great with her.

MsMarple12 Wed 15-Jun-16 10:11:04

Thanks all. I will try boots. Ds1 is 6 but speech delayed due to hearing loss hence the need for child friendly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now