Swimming pools in and around Bromley

(9 Posts)
UnmadeRoad1 Sun 09-Oct-16 12:03:07

The dcs want to do lots of swimming over half term (both fun and lengths) - which pools are the "nicest" both for swimming and with clean/decent changing facilities? Happy to drive.

nancy75 Sun 09-Oct-16 14:57:21

Biggin hill is probably the newest pool with the cleanest changing rooms (mixed m&f)
West wickham pool is much bigger but their changing rooms are a disgrace, I wouldn't walk in them with no shoes!
Haven't been in the glades for years, they have slides & wave machine but it's not always on

RuskBaby Sun 09-Oct-16 17:35:29

Beckenham is a good option too, they seem to have the most accessible timetable and they have inflatables at times. Changing rooms are mixed. Agree with Nancy West Wickham needs a big refurbishment of their changing rooms.

MummyPigsFatTummy Sun 09-Oct-16 21:38:37

The central Bromley pool in the Pavilion is good with the waves and slides. However, the changing area is pretty rank.

PettsWoodMum Mon 10-Oct-16 07:24:40

I quite like Swanley. A proper pool separate from the flume area, also have diving board area. A bit tired but they keep it clean.

bookgirl1982 Mon 10-Oct-16 07:36:57

Downham is nice too

Pickypickle Mon 10-Oct-16 08:15:45

I like the pool in Beckenham. Mixed changing rooms (lots of cubicles) very handy when you've got both boys and girls.

nancy75 Mon 10-Oct-16 09:39:55

I always forget beckenham, but yes that is quite nice. Where is the pool in Downham?

bookgirl1982 Tue 11-Oct-16 19:59:47

Just off Downham Way. There is a cafe and library area too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now