Local Talk

Nursery pick-up

(2 Posts)
mks101 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:09:57

We are hoping to start our little son at nursery in August, when my maternity leave comes to an end. In particular, we are looking at the Little Stars nursery near Shortlands station. However, like most nurseries, that one closes at 6pm in the evening. As my husband and I both work in Central London, we would struggle to make it back at that time every evening. Accordingly, we would like to hire someone who could collect our son at the end of the day (4 days per week) and look after him at our house until either parent gets home. We would hope that this would be by 7:30pm at the latest - and are in fact hoping that I can make it back in time to collect him myself at least a couple of times a week.

Has anyone ever come across this before and/or has any tips as to how we might arrange this? We would of course pay the nanny / babysitter for the full 1.5-2 hours every evening (given that she would effectively have to be on 'stand-by') regardless of the hours actually worked.

Any pointers / ideas would be much appreciated! I would really like to send our son to nursery to play with other children etc but need to find a way to make the hours work....

dorset Mon 24-Jun-13 14:35:18

Hi ask at the nursery if any of the staff would do this. I used to do this when I worked at a nursery. Could put advert on childcare.co.uk, netmums if haven't already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now