Job advice

(3 Posts)

Hi Brussels mums

I'm relatively new to Brussels and have so far been a SAHM. I'd like to go back to work but my French is shite and EVERY job wants fluent English and French. Does anyone have any ideas about where I might find some work advertised?

Thanks

Longtime Mon 10-Oct-11 08:46:40

Hi MammaBrussels, I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you but didn't want this to go unanswered. We don't seem to be used to using this local bit of mumsnet - we're much better at answering in Living Overseas.

Most jobs here seem to want fluent French and Dutch with English as a preferred. What is it you do?

We have a spreadsheet of Belgian mumsnetter with various details so that we can contact one another more easily. If you're interested in having your name on that list, let me know and I'll pm you.

Portofino Mon 10-Oct-11 08:54:40

There ARE international companies where the working language is English - it depends on your skills and experience. Try Monster.be or references.be or stepstone.be - you can put in English as a key word.

The Bulletin also advertises jobs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now