Hello, introducing myself...

(5 Posts)
QuelBordel Wed 02-May-12 20:31:23

Hi! I've been lurking on here for a while now, but never posted much (am quite an introvert blush) and have only just discovered this local Brussels section.
I'm not new to Brussels at all, I was actually born here and have lived most of my life here, but I am in fact English/American. Brussels being what it is, people tend to come and go, and I haven't got that many friends left here and even fewer that have children. So, I would I would really love to meet other parents based in Brussels.
Umm, so what else can I say? I have two DCs - DS aged 3.5 and DD aged 15 months. DH is from Serbia, so we have two languages at home (English and Serbian), and DC are going to maternelle/nursery in French. I work 4 days a week. We live in Woluwe St Lambert.
If any one is interested in chatting, that would be lovely smile

natation Wed 02-May-12 21:17:17

Hi there
us mumsnetters don't tend to read the Brussels bit very often. If you re-post in living overseas, you'll get many more responses and portofino or longtime will be asking you to join our "exclusive" Belgium Mumsnetters / FB group.

Which maternelle is your son at, I know quite a few mums with children in maternelles in WSL?

QuelBordel Thu 03-May-12 15:50:21

Thanks a lot, I'll do that. He's at Ecole Singelijn, in 1st year mat.

natation Thu 03-May-12 18:07:04

I know a child there in 1ere mat plus more in primaire. Lots of English speakers there.

QuelBordel Thu 03-May-12 20:55:24

Yes, there are a lot of different nationalities. The funny thing is, he doesn't really get that some of his friends are also English-speaking, since they all speak French there.
They're having a school fair in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to meet some of the other parents then. Its always a bit of a rush when dropping off/picking up, so I haven't really had a chance to meet anyone yet.
So how long have you been in Brussels? Do you like it here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now