Local Talk

New to Amersham area - would love to meet some new friends...

(13 Posts)
TNM Wed 13-Jul-11 19:00:30

We moved to Amersham (Coleshill) from London a month ago and I would love to meet some new friends. A little about me - Im 39 and have a 2.5 yr old boy and a 4 month old boy.

I know there are lots of playgroups etc which I must attend one of these days but sometimes these places can be a little bit clicky.

Tara

Woofsaidtheladybird Fri 15-Jul-11 11:39:05

Hello smile I'm in Prestwood, which is the other side of Great Missenden. Been here since September (was in Rickmansworth for a bit before, and also London before then - still work here) and am struggling with the playgroups thing as like you, am finding them a bit clicky too. Am 39 next month (eek) and have a 2 year old little girl and 16 weeks pregnant with goodness knows what! Am even looking up the usual tumbletots, monkey music etc etc right now for next term as I am determined to meet people, even if I have to grit my teeth in these classes!!

Kate

Agromnicki Wed 20-Jul-11 14:46:35

Hi Kate & Tara

Don't know if it's something you'd be interested in but a group of first time mums with newborns all go to a Jaqui'in the box sensory music class for 0 - 9month olds at St John's Methodist Church Hall (next to fire station) in Amersham. I'm not sure if your older tots go to nursery or anything but if not I think there is a class before where both would be able to come along. I just mention it as we're all friendly and not cliquey! There's a big mix of ages too - I'm 26 but one of the other girls is 36 (we met through prenatal yoga) and everything inbetween! The website is http://www.jacqinthebox.com/timetablethursday.htm

Amy

Pooks77 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:26:57

Hi Amy. Just saw your posting and wondered if you could recommend any good prenatal yoga classes in the Amersham area? I've just moved to Seer Green, I'm 17 weeks pregnant and keen to meet some new friends!
Polly x

suziebcakes Mon 12-Sep-11 11:26:03

Hi Tara and Kate,

I have recently moved to Amersham from South London too and am in a similar position. I too am looking up music groups and playgroups but havent actually got round to going to any of them.

I am 39 and have 2 children, my eldest is 4 and has now started school and my youngest is 2 and a half and goes to nursery Thursday and Friday.

Would love for my little one to make some friends (and me too)

Sue x

HayleyMount Sat 12-Nov-11 14:35:32

Hi
My name's Hayley and i'm 34 years old. We are new to the Amersham area having moved from South London in September. My husband and I have a two year old son, and i'd love to find him some playmates of a similar age. I haven't been to any of the toddler groups here yet, but I work Mon - Thurs and so would be looking to meet up with some local mums in the area for a coffee or to meet at one of the toddler groups on a Friday -although i need to find out details of when and where these are on! I look forward to hearing back and some recommendations of things to do in Amersham on a Friday! Hayley x

RedSquizzle Thu 05-Jul-12 23:04:42

Hi Polly,
If you can get to Chesham, there's a brand new place on Waterside, The Bagnall Centre, that's doing prenatal yoga. A few friends of mine are about to start soon.
HTH, Isobel

RedSquizzle Thu 05-Jul-12 23:27:11

Ahem... Ignore me, I obv didn't see how old this thread is! blush smile

DollFisher Wed 22-Aug-12 11:16:28

Hi, I know this is really old but hoping someone search like I did and comment here so I'm not on my own! I moved to Amersham in Sept 2010 when I got married but work in London where most of my friends are and we haven't made any friends locally :s

I'm 28 and due in January with our first child and panicking about not knowing anyone!

Can anyone suggest any local groups I can join? I started doing netball for a bit and then pilates (pre-pregnancy) but I'm so bad at sticking to things lol..

HayleyMount Mon 08-Oct-12 10:12:24

Hi Tara,

i just saw a message which was post last July and noticed you had a 2 1/2 yr old and 4 month old boy at the time - which i have at the moment! Do you go to any of the toddler groups in the Amersham area at all? Or maybe you are back at work now!

Hayley

valks Mon 07-Jan-13 18:09:24

Hi Polly
Just saw your mail - I am in seer green too and 6 months pregnant with my first - did you find any good excercise classes/yoga/pilates? I am startign to think i should really be doing something constructive!!
Donna

twinkletwinkle2011 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:21:34

Hello Amersham Ladies,
We are in the process of moving from West London to Amersham and we have a little girl who is 2 in Feb.
I'd be really grateful if you could recommend some nice playgroups for us to attend as my little one doesn't go to nursery.

Thank you for your suggestions.
x

babylee5 Mon 11-Mar-13 22:51:19

Hi everyone,

I am 29, a month away from 30 arrrrgh! I'm moving to Amersham at the end of this month. I am from Wales and feel very nervous of my move as I will be so far away from my family. I really want to make some new friends, not just for myself but for my 5 year old boy and my 17 week old fetus lol. Have people moving to this area found it easy to make new friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now