Local Talk

which nice area to live and study in Bucks?

(6 Posts)
AAsmum Tue 18-Dec-12 22:29:53

Hi mums,
I just joined this web 10 minus ago, still slowly get my head round here.
We currently live in London and are planning to move to Buckinghamshire to live nearby my auntie by the end of 2013, but don't know which areas or towns or villages are better to live and for my two children(boy and girl) to study. Although, my children are still in the primary school, but I have to plan ahead for their secondary school(s) in couple years time. could the kindly moms give me some advices and share your experiences on which area to live and to study in a primary school. our house hunting buget is around £450K. thank you and very appreciate!

Cheesecake411 Sat 05-Jan-13 21:40:16

Marlow, wooburn green, Bourne end all lovely smile

compleat Mon 07-Jan-13 21:33:03

I second Marlow although you won't get much for your money. It has great primary schools as long as you live on the right side of town! I grew up there. It has the grammar school system with a good comprehensive (Great Marlow) if your children do not pass the 11+. I can't afford to live in Marlow at the moment but live close by and will be straight back when I can afford it!

Cheesecake411 Tue 08-Jan-13 15:47:23

Does really depend on your budget of course but like everywhere there is a nice end and a not so nice! Not horrid or anywhere near but not somewhere I would want to live personally

JsMumm Thu 30-May-13 14:19:14

AAsmum- Did you find something?
Cheesecake - We too are looking into the areas you mentioned. However I need good primary schools for now & good secondary for future. Do you have experience of schools in BE / WB for schools? Our budget is similar to AA's. Any advise will be greatly received. Thanks

SCL64 Thu 04-Jul-13 19:40:33

Ladies what about Buckingham? It may be a bit north for you if your thinking about marlow. But we moved here about 5 years ago. It is so lovely and friendly good primary schools and excellent grammar school.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now