Local Talk

Moving to Beaconsfield / Marlow- which areas to avoid, also which school to avoid.

(8 Posts)
JsMumm Mon 06-May-13 21:20:41

Hi! We are planning to move out of London & one of the potential areas to move into is Beaconsfield or Marlow. As I don't know anyone who lives there locally I was wondering if the always helpful Mumsnetters could advice me on which places I should avoid buying in & which areas are nice to live especially for children as I have two under 3 year old's, so again need to be near good schools. Thank you for your response in advance.

Kimush Thu 12-Sep-13 12:24:59

Hi - we are in exactly the same boat and think have decided on Beaconsfield.... Did you move and where did you decide on?

SouthernCali Tue 15-Oct-13 14:12:33

Hello, We just moved to Beaconsfield from Chiswick last month. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and we work in TV. Where did you both decide to move to? We are enjoying Beaconsfield. Spoiled for choice for good schools here too. I am wondering where your kids go or plan to go. All the best,

NannyCRA Wed 16-Oct-13 12:14:47

Can definitely recommend St Mary's School - I know lots of children there & parents & children both love it

SouthernCali Wed 16-Oct-13 13:16:17

Oh thank you NannyCRA. We have been offered a place at both St. Mary's and Butler's Court and we're finding hard to decide.... grin/ Depending on who you speak to - everyone seemingly feels passionate about one or the other.

NannyCRA Wed 16-Oct-13 18:38:58

St Mary's have a fabulous dedicated PTA who are always organising loads of events

Kimush Thu 17-Oct-13 13:35:22

Hi - we are looking to move from Chiswick to Beaconsfield over the next couple of months.... Still feeling a bit nervous about it all - do you like it there? Is it a nice place to live? Thank you so much

NannyCRA Thu 17-Oct-13 19:30:21

I don't live in Beaconsfield but spend a lot of time there & I love it apart from there isn't a tesco express or such like. There's a waitrose & Sainsburies which are enough.

Fab train line for commuting - quite frequent at peak times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now