MOVING to Bedfordshire looking for 30-40min commute to South Hertfordshire

(1 Post)
YumMum2013 Wed 09-Oct-13 04:42:14

Greetings All,

I am in need of some assistance please, as I’m relocating from SWLondon to Hertfordshire for work but don’t want to live in the same borough I work in. I’m aiming to be 30-40min car drive from South Hertfordshire area to a large, diverse family friendly city/town and am considering MK.

Key requirements: ETHNICALLY diverse population, OUTSTANDING SCHOOLS secondary schools AND nursery’s, good local amenities ie. fitness centre, dance classes, shopping etc., easy links to London (via train and car), affordable housing (will begin by renting hope to buy within few years’ time).

I know I’m probably asking for a lot but I LOVE a lot of things about London and am a city girl at heart but also really appreciate lots of green open space for hikes, bike rides etc. I like new build modern houses and amenities and convenience of one stop shopping but also love a good market place.

I've visted Milton Keynes for work and social several years back but haven't been in ages and now have a family to consider hub and 2 dtr's 2 and 12 yrs old. All friends and fam in London so feel may be a bit far from London?? Looking to rent a 4bdrm house near city centre for around £1200/pcm is this reasonable? What are 'nice' areas to live in? What areas have the best schools&nursery's? Your views on these and all other matters would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance any assistance greatly appreciated, this is keeping me up at night as move needs to occur within the next month or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now