Local Talk

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor?

(9 Posts)

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a driving instructor that they've used?

Google throws up a lot of driving schools and it's quite a costly (both time and money) investment so I'd really appreciate a recommendation if anyone has one.

Thank you smile

cleoismycat Mon 02-Jan-12 19:16:38

Malcolm with BSM, he was fab

norrishohoholeforsaviour Mon 02-Jan-12 19:17:42

Mark Cook - he's lovely. Is a friend of ours as well, but I know he's incredibly busy. I can PM you his mobile if you're interested?

Thank you both, I will check them out smile

If you could do Norris that would be great, thanks!

norriscoleforpm Wed 04-Jan-12 11:29:30

ok smile

Mad2help Thu 29-Nov-12 12:54:00

Remember - it's not the driving SCHOOL you're buying; its the individual INSTRUCTOR. Almost all instructors are self-employed, and I've yet to find a school which performs serious quality control on their franchisees.

Remember to consider the Grade of the instructor. Grade 4 is only 'satisfactory'. 50% of instructors are Grade 4. Grade 6 is the best, but they may be a bit too full of themselves to relate properly to your individual needs.

The key is the 'chemistry' between you. If you're unhappy then tell them. But don't hesitate to change if necessary. Best guide is a personal recombination from someone you trust.

springinsteps Sun 14-Jul-13 19:11:02

Hi
You are my saving grace. I have so much about him. He will be perfect instructor for me.Can you please send me his mobile number
regards

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 23:01:19

Not sure if you found anyone but Kevin Carter at Cambridge Driving Centre was excellent. He taught me and DH after we moved up from London. He works weekends and evenings too so is good if you are working.

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 23:04:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now