Local Talk

Good removals company

(11 Posts)
magpieC Wed 08-Aug-12 22:41:30

Can anyone recommend a good removals company for moving within the Cambridge area? Cheap, helpful and friendly ideally and who aren't going to take one look at our unpacked clutter and run screaming...

SummerLightning Thu 09-Aug-12 07:29:03

We used Fulchers. They were really good but not sure they are cheap (quote was similar to others though)

We used Pretloves and they were great, plus best quote we got.

FatherReboolaConundrum Fri 10-Aug-12 16:41:37

We've just used Proctor's (twice in the last year). They're really good - can't remember how they compared on price (not most expensive though) but everyone from the woman on the other end of the phone to the blokes who do the moving are all really helpful and friendly. Can't recommend them enough.

SummerLightning Fri 10-Aug-12 21:44:25

These are the three companies I got quotes from! And they were all through recommendations so I think they are probably the local good ones. I think proctors were cheapest and pretloves the most expensive.

MrAlbertoFrog Fri 10-Aug-12 21:47:37

Another vote for Pretloves. They were our cheapest quote and were very good.

magpieC Fri 10-Aug-12 22:34:07

Thanks - that sounds like a good set to be getting quotes from :-)

Biscuitsneeded Sat 11-Aug-12 09:23:01

JAM removals - cheap and reliable.

piperlawson31 Sun 12-Aug-12 14:48:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

EvaCyrus Tue 04-Sep-12 08:35:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

piperlawson31 Fri 14-Sep-12 11:26:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now