Local Talk

where to buy maternity clothes in Cambridge?

(15 Posts)
orangeshortbread Fri 31-Aug-12 11:50:32

After going in to Next and M&S and being told they do not stock maternity sections in store, only online, I'm a bit flummoxed - I was sure they would be safe options.
I need to buy some work maternity clothes, especially trousers, but I'd like to try them on in store. Please can any MNetters tell me where to buy them in Cambridge?!

MrsCF Fri 31-Aug-12 11:58:03

There used to be a shop in Histon, I am not sure if it is still there, it had some second hand and some new. Gap used to have maternity clothes and H&M used to too. I've not been in Cambridge for ages if Pumpkin Patch are still in the Grafton centre they had some and there is always Mothercare (although I was never that impressed by their clothes). Hope that's helpful. Have a lovely pregnancy.

MrsCF Fri 31-Aug-12 12:02:11

Just had a little search, the shop in Histon is called Truly Bumptious.

LizziePizzie Fri 31-Aug-12 13:23:43

Truly Bumptious in Histon has closed, and so has Pumpkin Patch. Gap sells maternity clothes, and so does Debenhams and Mothercare in the Grafton Centre, and if you don't mind the trip, there is a Jojo Maman Bebe in Bury.

MrsCF Fri 31-Aug-12 16:01:02

My youngest is nearly three, sorry about the out of date infoblush

ChoccyJules Sat 01-Sep-12 09:49:12

I may be dreaming but I think Dorothy Perkins at the Beehive Centre does too.

EauRouge Sat 01-Sep-12 17:53:42

I remember going shopping for maternity clothes in Cambridge when I was expecting DD1 (four years ago) and I stopped a woman with a small baby to ask where to buy maternity clothes- she told me she'd bought them all in London grin

I managed to get a few bits in Debenhams but didn't have much luck anywhere else. Does Primark do maternity clothes?

libelulle Sat 01-Sep-12 17:57:15

Gap is the only place that do any kind of decent stock of them as far as I know. You'd think someone would have spotted a gap in the market!! (see what I did there? grin )

I ended up buying a set of stretchy trousers from Sweaty Betty- they have a good turnover waistline that makes them look not too much like jogging bottoms.

LizziePizzie Mon 03-Sep-12 13:17:15

Top Shop in the Grand Archade does too...

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 03-Sep-12 13:23:42

I bought in gap in cambridge but mostly online during my pregnancies, gap had some great slim fit jeans that I wore so much they ended up with a hole in them blush Had some good jeans from Seraphine, John Lewis do maternity online now, I think M&S do too.

There's a new shop in saffron walden that has maternity wear called beauty bump and baby. enjoy your pregnancy!

LizziePizzie Mon 03-Sep-12 13:34:00

If you don't mind the drive, Milton Keynes is only an hours away...

mell242 Tue 04-Sep-12 08:10:32

H&M in Peterborough does a maternity range. It's a bit of a drive but worth it. I ended up buying almost the entire range of trousers and jeans a few months ago. It's not a massive selection but it's all reasonably priced and a good mix of smart/casual clothes. I live and work in Cambridge and am really amazed by the lack of good maternity clothing! Good luck.

Tiago Tue 04-Sep-12 08:16:46

Next in the Grafton sells trousers and jeans. Frankly though - I've had to resort to on line shops.

orangeshortbread Wed 19-Sep-12 12:21:06

thank you all for your replies. In the end I found a maternity section in New Look in the Grand Arcade and managed to buy a few decent pairs of trousers for work and a couple of tops too.

Ebay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now