Local Talk

Weekend or after school activities for 6 year old (girl)

(6 Posts)
springleaf Wed 26-Sep-12 12:12:18

Hello - we are slowly finding our feet in Cambridge (Riverside area) after moving here in the summer from Sweden. My DD would like to make some friends of a similar age and start some activities outside of school. She's keen on dance (ballet esp) and thinks she would like to join the Rainbows. It would be great to hear activity recommendations for around this area. Thanks!

Welcome to Cambridge, Springleaf!

King Slocombe dance school operates from Wesleyan chapel near the Grafton Centre on Saturdays. Rainbows sounds like a good idea to get to know people. If she likes horses, Sawston Riding School would be a good place to start.

cbmum Thu 27-Sep-12 22:25:20

There is also Eden dance with classes at Chesterton High School on a Saturday morning. DD1 is loving it and I love the fact there is a cafe so I can have a drink while she has her lesson grin

Biscuitsneeded Fri 28-Sep-12 19:36:50

Also Stagecoach at Coleridge Community College - drama, dance and singing. My kids love it!

springleaf Sat 29-Sep-12 11:09:49

Thank you so much for the suggestions; all of which are worth following up!

ChasingSquirrels Thu 04-Oct-12 15:46:21

there is also a Swedish school around somewhere local (Sat mornings if I recall correctly).
If you would be interested PM me and I'll try and find the details (a friend is 1/2 Swedish and used to take her kids).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now