Local Talk

Trainee Music Therapist Looking to do Baby Observations

(2 Posts)
Evangeliclauz Sun 14-Oct-12 10:15:33

Hi my name is Laura Malledent, I have just begun my Music Therapy Training at Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge and as part of the course we are required to find a family with a baby of less than 14 months old to partake in baby observations.
This involves 6, hour long sessions where I am required to enter the family home and observe the family/baby relationship without interacting with the baby. It is purely to observe the developmental stages and note how the baby responds to new stimuli. Obviously all information gathered will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and I can discuss any confidentiality issues with you.

I would be very grateful if there is anyone who would be willing to help me in my studies who lives within central Cambridge.
If you would be willing please contact me and feel free to ask any questions.

Hoping to hear from someone soon,
Best wishes,
Laura Malledent.

MiniMaks12 Mon 25-Feb-13 01:09:16

Hello, I am interested to know if there is any completed research / recommendations in terms of helping in baby development that you could share with other mums? Is there any article / online publication(s) / books or perhaps a play group / music activities in Cambridge that you could recommend? Please let us know.
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now