Local Talk

Parking at Cambridge station on a weekday - possible in late afternoon?

(7 Posts)
BottishamWoman Tue 27-Nov-12 19:01:26

not a very interesting question! Am planning to drive to Cambridge station and park around 5pm. Anyone know if it is likely that I will get a place in the station car park? Or know of any lesser known good spots to park near the station?

Thanks in advance

JennyWren1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 23:10:31

Not much help I know, but my DH always gets a taxi to the station if he has to go anytime after midday. He assumes that he isn't likely to find a parking space. You might be lucky at 5pm and find a space from someone who has come home early, but it's a bit risky. Perhaps others will have a better idea.

dinosaursdontwhine Wed 28-Nov-12 19:02:49

I would recommend parking on a side street and walking the rest of the way as traffic at 5pm on Hills Road is fairly horrific so walking will be quicker, and you won't need to worry about not finding a space and then having to queue to get out of Station Road again.

The parking charges on the side streets stop at 5pm, so you'd be parking for free or at most 50p from 4.30-5pm. Norwich Street always has spaces (approx 6 minute walk to station). Alternatively Gresham Road or St Paul's Road. If you know the back streets, it's between 5-8 mins to get to the station. Going down Hills Road and then Station road, it's nearer to 10 mins.

Add time to my estimations if you have a toddler... and go for Norwich Street.

mynameisnt Wed 28-Nov-12 19:12:41

St Pauls Road always seems best value parking wise - only (!) £1 n hour and up to four hours. I know it's still £stupid but better than most areas!

milkcookies Wed 28-Nov-12 20:11:20

You could try at the end of Tenison Road. There is free parking after 5pm and its literally round the corner from the train station.

BottishamWoman Thu 29-Nov-12 10:05:34

Thank you very much ladies! We have just moved here so it's exactly that sort of info about back streets that I wouldn't know and which is so useful.

I will check googlemaps and get a plan of action!

Thanks again.

Lintonian Thu 29-Nov-12 22:06:42

Where are you planning on travelling to?

Lots of smaller stations with available parking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now