Local Talk

Christmas shopping in Cambridge - successes

(4 Posts)
ChestertonCharley Wed 05-Dec-12 12:22:52

Thought I'd start a thread where we can share our Christmas shopping successes. So to kick off - the perfect present for the little dinosaur fan in your life: cuddly dinosaurs in the Geology Museum (Downing Street, near John Lewis). Large ones £15, small ones £6.

NewtoCambridge Wed 05-Dec-12 22:23:59

Thanks I might try that, DD is into dinosaurs at the moment.

I got my sister nice earrings from Palenque near Sainsburys. I like the Quentin Blake Cambridge mugs for sale somewhere on Kings Parade

claerwen Fri 07-Dec-12 00:05:36

Limoncello on Mill Road has little boxes of extremely pretty Lauden chocolates with the virtue of looking as expensive as they cost, which is just as well at £15 for a dozen or £6 for four. They are in probably environmentally disastrous but nicely showy-offy plain clear hard plastic boxes.

Chocolat Chocolat on St Andrews Street have sharing pots of microwaveable chocolate fondue in various nice flavours for a tenner each, which I thought made decent presents for teenagers and students.

The Botanic Garden shop had gorgeous (but proper-like, with matching price tag) bee jewellery when I was last there, but that was actually fairly early in the autumn. I don't think you have to pay just to visit the shop as long as you go in the main entrance which is adjacent to it.

And not an independent retailer, but I always think John Lewis have lovely glasses, some of which are cheap to the point of competing with supermarkets. Our cupboard is stuffed full of a decade and a half's worth of Beer Festival souvenirs and tumblers we got from an Iceland loyalty scheme so I may not have any of them myself, so from time to time I have to buy some for someone else, as indeed I have done this year.

ChestertonCharley Fri 07-Dec-12 12:01:03

claerwen I know exactly what you mean about beer festival glasses ... except our collection goes back 20 years!

If you're in need of a good feed while Christmas shopping, can I suggest Clown's cafe on King Street. Friendly and good value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now