Local Talk

Yoga classes

(14 Posts)
milkcookies Thu 13-Dec-12 21:40:36

Hi,

I've had a look at the yoga classes for pregnancy in Cambridge and they are going at £10 per hour. Are there any yoga classes for pregnancy that are cheaper? I swear a couple of years ago they were less than £5!

Poppywink Wed 09-Jan-13 15:59:59

Did you manage to find any cheaper alternatives? I've tried parkside pools, may give cam yoga a try if they have any pregnancy classes.

claerwen Wed 09-Jan-13 20:43:16

There is aqua yoga at Parkside at 10.30 on a Wednesday morning, £4.15 for an hour-long class (http://www.dolphinbabyswim.com/classes/aqua_natal_yoga.html). I meant to give it a go today but forgot all about it! I've been looking out for non-getting-wet pregnancy yoga too and haven't found anything I can get to, let alone for under £10 an hour.

milkcookies Sun 13-Jan-13 16:22:44

I didn't find anything cheaper at all. Camyoga has there's over £10 and so do others. The parkside option doesnt seem bad, but then again parking will probably end up costing another £5 or so, so will probably add up to the same!

milkcookies Fri 25-Jan-13 17:45:14

Hi,

Just thought I'd bump this incase anyone has any ideas? I'd really like to get started with yoga!

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sat 26-Jan-13 00:15:23

Julia's Monday night class at Parkside is fantastic. She also runs one in Trumpington on Friday mornings. Highly recommend!

ChestertonCharley Mon 28-Jan-13 16:10:33

Highly recommend Anna Youngs, who does regular yoga as well as ante and post natal.

milkcookies Mon 28-Jan-13 22:30:02

Thanks SkinnyLegsandall, please can you give me details of the class in Trumpington!

milkcookies Mon 28-Jan-13 22:31:32

ChestertonCharley, thank you. Can you please give me more details of her classes? Where do they run? Thanks!

SkinnyLegsAndAll Tue 29-Jan-13 10:43:17

Pregnancy Yoga
Monday
18:30 to 20:00
£60 for 6 sessions
Teacher: Julia East
Parkside Pools
Gonville Place
Cambridge
CB1 1LY

There is more information on the Cambridge Birthlight website - I'm on a phone, sorry I can't link. You might also want to look into the Wednesday morning aqua yoga class (also at Parkside), which is very soothing and relaxing. The water makes you feel weightless!

SkinnyLegsAndAll Tue 29-Jan-13 10:44:53

Oops - I just saw you were after the class in Trumpington! Go onto the Birthlight Website and it should all be there for you. smile

milkcookies Tue 29-Jan-13 18:57:23

SkinnyLegsAndAll Thanks!

SweetAlice Tue 19-Feb-13 22:36:12

Have you considered doing yoga at home?
Here's why I gave up yoga classes at the gym and chose the comfort of my own living room www.nipnoos.com/UK/look-good-feel-great-with-online-yoga/
a full month of unlimited yoga with a huge choice of classes for the price of one hour at the gym.

ChestertonCharley Wed 20-Feb-13 13:12:03

milkcookies you should be able to find Anna via the Birthlight website too (maybe you already have). Last time I attended her classes they were at Ross Street Community Centre, CB1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now