Local Talk

Nursery near Oakington or Cottenham or Waterbeach

(9 Posts)
MarronGlace Tue 08-Jan-13 21:39:27

Can someone kindly recommend a nursery in this area for a one-yea- old please? I've heard great things about Beach Babies but they're full so I'm considering Scallywags. Does anyone have any experience of it or other nurseries in the area?
Thanks!

northofcambridge Tue 08-Jan-13 21:52:31

there is another on A10 which I have heard good things about - something farm

GinAndIt Wed 09-Jan-13 09:50:47

my dd goes to scallywags in west wick (near oakington) and it's fab. she loves it. It's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. my ds just left last year and i had no problems with him there. it's a lovely setting and they have sheep, ducks, a hamster and stick insects, which the children love but i'm not too keen on the insects!

They have a lovely outdoors area and tons of toys and activities. They go on days out too. call them and ask to have a look around, the staff there are lovely and very well trained.

hth smile

MarronGlace Wed 09-Jan-13 13:37:40

That's just what I was hoping to hear about Westwick! I have a visit booked for next week! Yes definitely very pricey, though!
Thanks for your help!

Nosleeptillcambridge Wed 09-Jan-13 21:20:36

There's also a new nursery (Girton Day Nursery?) on the Oakington Road near the Barn gym, but I have no idea what it's like.

NewtoCambridge Sun 13-Jan-13 14:30:26

We use The Wendy House in Impington, it's on the Milton side of Impington. It's small and on the edge of farm land, we're really pleased with it

Josieposiepuddingandpie Mon 21-Jan-13 20:58:00

My DS goes to scallywags at Westwick and he loves it. He is so happy there sometimes he doesn't want to come home. They do so many fun things I often wish I could stay and play!

Loislane78 Tue 19-Mar-13 13:12:51

I went to have a look around Scallywags and if it would have been a better location for us (i'm opposite side of town) I would have signed up there and then! Lovely setting and staff smile

I was feeding my DD at the end of the show-round and this lady had been waiting. Her little boy came out upset. She said, he's on a settling in day don't let that worry you if you're thinking of coming. He's my 3rd DC to come here and the continuity of staff and care is excellent.

GL smile

MarronGlace Tue 19-Mar-13 19:47:42

Hiya, thanks for the reply. DS is now going to the Girton Nursery on Camboro business park and they've been amazing with him. I can't recommend this nursery enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now