Local Talk

Anyone in Cambridge done Colour Me Beautiful?

(7 Posts)
neolar Tue 08-Jan-13 22:21:52

My dh bought me a session with a CMB consultant for Xmas. Now I need to choose someone. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks.

AfricanBigElephant Wed 09-Jan-13 14:57:55

I had a consultation with a lady in Impington and she was very good. This was 6 years ago though and I can't remember her name. Maybe if you tell me some names it will refresh my memory?....

Zoles Wed 09-Jan-13 23:18:46

I saw a lady called Avril Iles in Impington 4 or 5 years ago. I asked for the consultation as a present before going back to work after maternity leave. It was so useful, she was excellent, no more wasted time or money when shopping!

neolar Thu 10-Jan-13 13:17:52

Thank you both. I guess you may have both seen the same person.

I've looked at the colour me beautiful website and the nearest consultant is now in Bishop Stortford, with the next nearest in Harlow, so in a way that makes the decision much easier.

Madeinessex Sun 26-Jan-14 19:40:43

Did you use the Stortford/Harlow person-was it any good? I too have a voucher to use!

neolar Wed 29-Jan-14 16:08:56

I used the Bishop Stortford person and I wasn't very impressed. The room I was seen in had very little natural light and a strong colour on the wall. I think it made it difficult to make accurate judgements. She also wasn't particularly friendly. I subsequently had a "style day" with someone from House of Colour, who was fantastic. She reckoned CMB had got my colours all wrong and I think she was probably right.

NewtoCambridge Fri 31-Jan-14 22:07:50

Thanks, I'm thinking about having done after reading another thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now