Local Talk

Can anyone tell me about Earith??

(3 Posts)
flossie1983 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:08:20

We are currently house hunting around North Cambridge and St Ives and have spotted a potential house in Earith. I've done the usual google searches but it's a very small village so I wasn't surprised that not much came up. BUT the two things that did come up were concerning:

1. A pub landlord who had to leave because he claimed the locals were repeatedly assaulting him and vandalizing his pub.
2. A man who claims his life has been made a misery by the nearby traveller site.

These make me really nervous but I thought I'd ask just in the hope that it was mostly media sensationalism.

Thanks smile

sikorsky Fri 29-Mar-13 07:29:49

I would definitely check with the environment agency about flooding risk....!

I live in St Ives and whenever there is heavy rain The main road between Earith and St Ives floods. They have been doing repairs to the road and the bridge so it could be looking up. It is a very pretty village although buses are a bit scarce I believe.
St Ives is lovely though, I've lived here for nearly 2 years and I really like it.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now