Local Talk

C25K buddy?

(80 Posts)
BikeRider33 Mon 25-Mar-13 17:15:10

Is anyone interested in starting the C25K running thing with me after the Easter holidays? I really need to do something but lack motivation to do things alone and don't really know anyone to ask to start it with me.

I'm nearing 50 and way too heavy but know once I get started I will feel so much better. I'm looking to do this while the children are at school (and make sure there is no chance of having to do school run in sports kits!). I live near Addenbrookes, but could cycle (or even drive) to a suitable place to jog.

If you are interested we could meet somewhere central to start with (like a cafe with cake - this is why I need to run!) so you can see I really am an overweight, unfit middle aged woman!

jaynebxl Wed 27-Mar-13 07:33:54

There's a group in Histon called the Histon Hobblers who do a beginners group for free after Easter to get non-runners running. Could be worth looking them up. Lots of non Histon people go.

Thumbtack Thu 28-Mar-13 11:57:08

Hi bike rider! I think I'm interested . . I'm 35 soon and I've got a 5mo son, I've put on waaaay to much weight round the middle. I live near castle hill (totally other side of town from you) would you wanna meet up in the middle of the day to pound round some of the commons? Such as Jesus green, midsummer common etc? My catch is that sometimes I would be with a pram? I am starting from complete scratch but did used to jog and cycle a lot when I was (sigh) young and childless . .

mynameisnt Fri 29-Mar-13 19:18:51

I could be in.... also not far from Addenbrookes. Could do Fridays. Also very near 50 and have just left my gym asjust don;t get time to justify it.

BikeRider33 Fri 29-Mar-13 23:50:25

Thumbtack - 35 is young to me! Pram not going to be a problem (so long as i don't have to push it smile). I'm happy to run anywhere - i don't know Cambridge that well.

mynameisnt could do Fridays - I'm going to aim for 3 days Mon, Wed, Fri ideally but not really fixed on those days.

My children are back to school on 17th so if you want to meet up sometime the end of that week we could check each other out! And get to cuddle a baby grin

Thumbtack Sat 30-Mar-13 08:45:31

I'm up for it! I could occasionally make it down to Coleridge park if we want to mix up the scenery and it's also easier for you two to get there? How about we meet up for coffee first in town somewhere and make a sort of plan? Name a day and time bike rider after the 17th and I'll be there, I'm also aiming for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Thumbtack Sat 30-Mar-13 08:48:52

Actually I think Coleridge park is a good place to start as I have a sort of baby sitter nearby . .

mynameisnt Sat 30-Mar-13 09:27:26

Coleridge park ideal for me! Oh no, it looks like I have no excuse grin

mynameisnt Sat 30-Mar-13 18:37:19

come on then! Let's get organised <before I regret it> grin

Shells Sat 30-Mar-13 21:37:45

Might be up for this too. Keep me posted.

Thumbtack Sun 31-Mar-13 08:14:23

Well if everyone is keen to get going how about wednesday this week at around 1.30pm? meet by the childrens park - I dont think bikerider can join us until after the 17th tho? I really cant do any earlier in the day im afraid, we can call it a preliminary run/meet?

60 seconds run then 90 seconds walk for 25 mins?

mynameisnt Sun 31-Mar-13 12:51:09

I can't do anything until after the hols either sad and only Fridays.

NewtoCambridge Sun 31-Mar-13 21:35:38

Hello, I might join you, I work near Coleridge Park (I think - am I right in thinking it's on Jesus Green/ Midsummer Common). Lunchtimes or straight after work would work for me

mynameisnt Sun 31-Mar-13 22:36:13

Coleridge isn't near the town commons. It's off Coleridge Road - not far from Mill Road.

NewtoCambridge Sun 31-Mar-13 22:59:05

That might be doable as well, if I'm cheating and have the car at work!

mynameisnt Mon 01-Apr-13 08:31:32

Cheeky! I am keen, really do need to sort myself out grin

Shells Mon 01-Apr-13 08:51:39

I need to wait til after school hols too, but then am quite flexi in school hours.

mynameisnt Mon 01-Apr-13 09:46:04

We have a gang forming grin

BikeRider33 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:39:21

How about a meet up on Friday 19th?

I suggest somewhere public like John Lewis cafe for a first meet rather than a park just to check we are all who we say we are.

mynameisnt Tue 02-Apr-13 09:11:12

Sounds like a good plan. As friday is my day off, Itend to avoid the town centre grin but am happy to meet maybe along Mill Road? Black Cat ??If town is good for everyone though, that's not a prob smile

Thumbtack Tue 02-Apr-13 16:59:06

I'm in! Friday the 19th - does anyone mind if i bring the baby to this one?

BikeRider33 Tue 02-Apr-13 17:18:25

I don't mind where we meet - I just picked somewhere I know that's central with bike/car/bus near by, but Mill Road just as good for me.

A baby would be lovely! I can make any time between 10 and 2:30!

Shells Tue 02-Apr-13 17:50:01

10ish good for me. A baby - lovely.

mynameisnt Tue 02-Apr-13 18:35:41

10.30 - Black cat cafe mill Road then?? Is that ok for everyone?? <excited>

BikeRider33 Thu 04-Apr-13 16:32:56

I'm in. See you then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now