Local Talk

Moving house solicitors

(6 Posts)
Cambridgenewcomer Tue 23-Apr-13 06:37:26

Hello, so I have decided to sell the London flat and move here for good (Cambridge has won me over!) and so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good solicitor for buying and selling here in Cambridge? Many thanks.

ChestertonCharley Tue 23-Apr-13 11:40:59

We used Woodfines about 18 months ago and they did a good job.

BigTwig Tue 23-Apr-13 11:46:28

I always use my husband's firm but they are a big commercial firm, and if they do resi it is usually high end, so prob not right for everyone.

I'd ask the estate agent you are buying from to recommend someone. They won't recommend someone unless they usually get the deal done quickly and efficiently.

HelenLynn Thu 25-Apr-13 22:06:25

Gary Watson of Thomson Webb & Corfield (http://www.twclaw.co.uk/) came doubly recommended by friends and did an efficient job of our conveyancing - we were in in less than three months. I later learned that another friend had had a similarly good experience with him. We were first-time buyers so I can only vouch for that side of things.

Cambridgenewcomer Sat 27-Apr-13 06:35:40

Thank you for all the information, I will get quotes from them and hope it all goes smoothly!

northofcambridge Thu 02-May-13 20:24:50

We are using Irena Spence at the moment and are very happy with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now