Local Talk

Any (recent) experiences of Kids Unlimited Wolfson Court?

(7 Posts)
AbneyandTealandNeep Tue 30-Apr-13 15:55:34

I am thinking of using this nursery for my 1 year old. I've read some very mixed things about it on here but from a while ago. Is anyone using it at the moment/heard anything recently?

Pufflesome Tue 30-Apr-13 19:07:29

I've also heard some not so good things, but only from a couple of years ago. I will try to ask around in case anyone I know has more recent experiences.

Melodie242 Wed 01-May-13 12:54:10

It's had it's ups and downs, my son is coming to the end of 3 years. The new manager is really good and my friends and I that have children there are very happy.

dinosaursdontwhine Wed 01-May-13 18:43:25

My son is also coming to the end of 3 years. It has improved a lot in the last year or so (since the current manager started). Ofsted inspected last month, the report is due out any day now, so perhaps wait and see what that says? I think it will be good. My son is happy there - that's probably the best recommendation I can give.

KidsUnlimited Tue 04-Jun-13 12:02:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

aliperi Wed 03-Jul-13 13:04:25

My son was there. The problem with KU is the staff turnover. Both managers and room staff don't stay long. Every one to tow years there is a new manager. There were good periods and then the kids got used to the staff and they would leave. New staff would come in, so the kids were never settled. If you are desperate (like I was) they will get basic care and be safe. But my son was never happy there and cried almost daily, which was very hard to see.

We have been really lucky to get a place in Patacake and the difference is incredible. The staff are payed and recruited better. They have an amazing manager and all are very motivated and love their job. Most of the staff in my son's room have been there for 3 years minimum. My son never cries and it makes me feel very guilty for what I put him through.

Best of luck

mmot Fri 05-Jul-13 13:27:29

I know the original post was a couple of months ago, so perhaps this is irrelevant for the OP, but I just wanted to give our experience.

We had an older child (preschool) there for a few months a few years ago, and have had a baby/toddler there for the last 2 1/2 years. There is staff turnover, but of all the staff in each room, I can only think of 1 who I thought seemed lacklustre. All the other staff have been lovely.

Our children have been very happy and comfortable there. Current child normally runs off to get stuck in to things before I have a chance to say goodbye at dropoff; I have to go over to them over to do so!

As you can find out on the Ofsted site, the Ofsted report within the last couple of months rated the nursery outstanding. I think it was 'good' when our older child was there a few years ago.

This is just our experience; the most important thing is to visit a few places and get a feel for what they're like. Just to warn you, nurseries in Cambridge always seem to be very full. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now