Local Talk

Moving to Histon & Impington - swimming lessons

(8 Posts)
Enb76 Wed 19-Jun-13 09:41:02

Hi there,

Am moving to Impington later this year. My child has been learning to swim with Elite for the last year and has made superb progress but it's expensive and now that she can swim and has the basic strokes I was thinking that as she's starting school in September I might put her into the swimming classes at the IVC sports centre and supplement those with some intensive half-term courses with Elite. However, I can find no information on the swimming classes at IVC, no good reports but equally no bad reports. Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks

amoss1968 Wed 19-Jun-13 23:53:24

I enquired recently for my 3 yr old on the basis of friends' recommendations and was told there is an 18 month waiting list...

Enb76 Thu 20-Jun-13 09:42:32

Thank you - better put my name down now smile

orchardy Thu 20-Jun-13 12:43:34

Otherwise we've found the lessons at Chesterton Sports Centre (actually at the Community College) good. Shouldn't be too far from you and some availability I gather.

northofcambridge Thu 20-Jun-13 20:38:58

IVC lesson very good in my expereince if your child can swim and you are fleixable about when you can do the classes you might find the waiting list is muchshorter - we have also done the holiday classes there and would really recommend them - there is no problem getting a place for any level - including the Teddy Bears for 3 yo in my expereince
A friend also recommended these classes also not far from Impington

www.sealsswimming.co.uk/content/grove-pool

DDHCS Fri 21-Jun-13 16:18:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CamMumma Sun 23-Jun-13 17:15:32

The lady that teaches my son at IVC (he is under 3) also does lessons for older children at Chesterton. I have a recollection of her telling someone else in the class that she is doing intensive lessons this summer.
I will get her details and post them on here as she is excellent.

Nosleeptillcambridge Tue 02-Jul-13 21:35:12

There's info online here...

www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/activites/swimming-lessons.html?showall=&start=1

2 of my DC have done/ are doing lessons at IVC. They are good - as are Seals who we used in the past. Some of the teachers also do one on one private lessons at the pool. If you are flexible on days you may get a place more easily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now