Local Talk

Organised activities for a 12 year old, for the 2nd week of July

(8 Posts)
AfricanBigElephant Thu 20-Jun-13 10:49:37

Hi All

My niece is visiting from Portugal and staying for just over a week. She'll be with my MIL but dd will be at school and dh and I will be working so whe won't have anything to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Something where she could practice her (not very good) english would be ideal.

Not really sure what type of thing we're looking for so any ideas would be most welcome! smile

DDHCS Fri 21-Jun-13 16:38:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

northofcambridge Sat 22-Jun-13 13:33:10

You might be able to get into some english classes at one the language schools - do you think your MIL would be up to taking her to London for a day - tickets are cheap off peak

AfricanBigElephant Sat 22-Jun-13 20:17:15

Thanks North. I might try the language school - that would be ideal.

No, MIL wouldn't go to London unfortunately. She can't speak any english and even going to the center of Cambridge is an adventure. Last time she got confused with the buses and I had to leave work in the middle of the day to go pick her up!

northofcambridge Sat 22-Jun-13 20:40:50

I think a trip to centre of cambridge would be v popular - in my experience primark is v popular with non uk vistors

DiskFix Sat 22-Jun-13 20:53:58

Some independent schools run holiday playschemes which might start mid July, since they finish on July 5th. Try the Perse and Stephen Perse, for instance.

northofcambridge Sat 22-Jun-13 21:28:23

I looked up one Kings Camps at the Leys but it seems to start 22nd July so maybe too late

AfricanBigElephant Tue 25-Jun-13 09:29:12

Thank you! The private schools may be an option - we'll look into that as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now