Local Talk

Histon

(7 Posts)
Dasedandconfused Sun 07-Jul-13 23:38:51

Anyone got comments on Histon as a place to move to? Thinking of moving there with 2 children (5,2). I'm looking for a place with a community feel...any thoughts welcome!

CamMumma Tue 09-Jul-13 13:34:23

We live in Impington, which is effecitvely Histon, as they are intertwinned.

Its brilliant, we love it here, and there is definately a real sense of community. There are always things happening, be it the community cafe, farmers markets, or just people out and about. The village centre is always buzzing with people and people always say hello to you.

My DS is 2 and attends Ladybirds toddlers, and will be starting their playgroupmin September. The people there are lovely and really friendly, making you feel part of the group from day 1. The early years centre has a preschool and daycare facility, and is next door to the infant school.

I would highly recommend it as somewhere to live.

Dasedandconfused Tue 09-Jul-13 20:54:09

Hello CamMumma

That's lovely to hear! Thank you for taking the time to respond. It's always better to hear it from people in the know. We just need to find a property in that direction now....

Melodie242 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:59:44

Hi,
I have to say that Histon wasn't for us. We lived there for 3 years and I have to say that I didn't find it as friendly as neighbouring villages such as Girton and Cottenham. Obviously this is just my opinion but I suggest maybe you check out the local groups before you move? I found there wasn't as much going on as some other villages around. Again, just personal experience. Good luck with your move though.

Dasedandconfused Wed 10-Jul-13 22:12:53

Hello Melodie. Thank you for your views -it's always good to get a balanced perspective!

Dasedandconfused Sat 13-Jul-13 05:53:41

Any other views welcome!

northofcambridge Sat 13-Jul-13 21:19:37

I spend quite a lot of time in Histon - don't live there - I think its a really nice place to live - seems like quite a lot going on -I like the high street too, and its well connected - eg buses and guided bus etc, downsides I think its expensive I know someone that moved to Cottenham as there was more choice - depends whats important to you -in my experience most of the villages round Cambridge have a reasonable community feel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now