Local Talk

Recommendation for a cleaner

(7 Posts)
Omkarchiaai Tue 09-Jul-13 12:46:12

I am looking for a trustworthy cleaner in Cambridge to come around weekly to my house. Please send me recommendations. Also, how much hourly rate should I expect in Cambridge?
I used to pay 8 to 10£ per hour in Sandwich where I provided the cleaning equipment and products. But I was quoted 16.56£ per hour by a cleaning company in Cambridge which has shocked me! Am I being ignorant of Cambridge rates!?

Omkarchiaai Tue 09-Jul-13 12:47:32

I am looking for an Indian lady (preferably Marathi/Gujarathi but others will do as well) to come to my house and cook on a weekly basis. Any recommendations please let me know.

Perilla Fri 12-Jul-13 15:00:53

We pay £12.50 an hour in a town outside of Cambridge so I could well imagine that it might be a bit higher in the City itself.

No idea regarding someone to come and cook at your house. Inder's Kitchen gets a lot of very good reviews for their delivery service and I think is more 'homecooked' than 'takeaway' - they also do meals that you can heat at home.

milkcookies Mon 15-Jul-13 21:23:00

I think the rate is £7-£9. I found cleaners through gumtree

Pufflesome Mon 22-Jul-13 21:25:41

Inder's Kitchen is very nice if you want to order fresh food to cook at home.

perestroika Thu 19-Sep-13 10:01:04

I have used services of Natalya 07983727724 who i recommend highly.

jimbob27 Sun 01-Feb-15 23:39:41

I am desperately looking for a cleaner to come for 2-3 hours each week to clean our 4 bed home. We are based off mill road. I tried an agency but that didn't work as was expensive and items got damaged and the cleaners left the company and denied all knowledge sad we also tried other ladies, but they were either not very good (only hoovered around kitchen table, not under?!) Or they were great, but left the country or got other jobs. If anyone can recommend their own cleaner who has spare spaces I would be delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now