Local Talk

Meet up anyone?

(167 Posts)

Just that really.
After seeing so many Cambridge folk in one place on the hotel thread I thought it'd be nice to try and have a meet up.

So sign up here!

NewtoCambridge Sun 14-Jul-13 10:33:14

I'm in. I work full time so evenings and weekends best. Could do lunchtime if it was near work (central Cambridge )

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sun 14-Jul-13 10:43:43

I'd be up for it. Have a small baby so always looking for things to do! We're in central Cambridge.

I vote for a loooooooong wine filled lunch.

mynameisnt Sun 14-Jul-13 14:11:27

I'm am so ashamed blush I am supposed to be the local ambassador and do these, but life has got in the way sad I's up for it too though, if I can be forgiven..

Aw don't be ashamed myname! I've never been to a meet up, I didn't realised there were people in place to sort them out!
I'm usually free Mondays Thursdays and Fridays during the day but also evenings (for booze smile).

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sun 14-Jul-13 18:49:58

I've not been to a meet up either. And had no idea there are actual ambassadors!
Any if those days work for me. As do evenings. (And either for booze wink)

mynameisnt Sun 14-Jul-13 19:00:44

<cheers up> evening would be nice I reckon - ice breaking type booze things grin

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 19:23:35

I'm in, I work mon-wed and have DS in tow thurs & Fri, but free evenings and weekends too.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sun 14-Jul-13 20:17:14

How old is your DS Josie?

MarronGlace Sun 14-Jul-13 20:24:39

I'm in too!

Will we all wear a flower in our hair or something that we know grin

I mean I'm happy to talk to strangers on the internet but I don't want to be smiling awkwardly at strange women in bars..

mynameisnt Sun 14-Jul-13 21:51:20

ha ha - when I met up with some Cambridge mn-ers to go running, I wore red trousers, everyone came in and asked cautiously 'are they RED trousers?'

NewtoCambridge Sun 14-Jul-13 21:53:14

Don't we just need Boden and a MN scarf? grin

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 22:00:28

DS is 2 and currently learning all about saying "NO!" grin

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 22:01:27

We could get MN stickers or badges maybe?

My DS is 2 too Josie. No is is absolute favourite word!

Josieposiepuddingandpie Sun 14-Jul-13 22:56:30

Someone said to me the other day "have you tried giving him choices about what order to get ready for bed in?" I gave it a go with teeth or nappy first "NO! No teeth, no nappy mummy, down stairs, play trains!" He knows his mind my son grin

GinAndIt Sun 14-Jul-13 22:57:10

Boozy evening sounds good wink

SkinnyLegsAndAll Mon 15-Jul-13 13:02:34

We could all bring packets of PomBears...and use the pass phrase "Are you a friend of Justine?" <taps nose knowingly>

My DS (5 months) doesn't actually speak the word 'no' yet, but he grunts a good variation!

Was wondering how the running group is going myname - would like to attempt joining you once the heat has retreated.

mynameisnt Mon 15-Jul-13 14:35:08

sadly, we all did the first run together, but then my knee 'went' for two weeks sad so I dropped out - I know another lady who is a mum at my dd's school (that's Cambridge for you!) is still at it and I have started myself - up to week 5 now (although have been actually doing it for 7 weeks blush), Really enjoying it though!

Shall I just straight in and suggest Friday 2nd August in the evening for a meet up?

*jump

GinAndIt Mon 15-Jul-13 15:49:30

sounds good to mesmile is it weird to be meeting complete strangers for the first time in a pub?

mynameisnt Mon 15-Jul-13 16:40:47

sounds possible for me !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now