Local Talk

Antenatal classes / yoga / pilates

(14 Posts)
CamNic Sat 10-Aug-13 12:01:14

Did anyone do antenatal classes, or pregnancy yoga/pilates at Cambridge? Did you find it enjoyable, and did you meet people to chat to about your pregnancy? Any recommendations?
Thank you!

northofcambridge Sat 10-Aug-13 21:30:35

A friend did antenatal yoga and really liked it - not sure where it was though but can't imagine there are many classes
I did NCT classes -and found them good - not in Cambridge at the time but the local NCT is really active here -
the nearly new sales are well worth a visit whether you do the classes or not

ParkersJamPiece Sun 11-Aug-13 11:16:43

I did antenatal yoga with Anna Youngs but it looks like she has stopped doing the group classes and just does individual classes. I think there is lots of different places to do it in Cambridge though. I know people who have gone to classes in Chesterton and Girton which they have enjoyed but I don't know the details - sorry. I know the classes in Girton were supposed to be very good - it was maybe this. I think there are a few others as well.

chiefwoodpecker Tue 13-Aug-13 17:13:59

One of my friends runs a yoga class in Trumpington details here www.joyfulbirthbaby.com Hope that helps.

cammel Sat 17-Aug-13 18:54:41

I did these classes and liked them.

CamNic Tue 20-Aug-13 14:23:25

OP here. Thank you all for these info! I'll have a look around smile

NekoKutsu Wed 21-Aug-13 16:41:17

I do the birthlight ones at the moment (the www.joyfulbirthbaby.com address) and go to the Parkside Pools classes. It's very good with exercise for different levels of skill, I feel really relaxed afterwards and it's a friendly group of about 15 ongoing people.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sun 25-Aug-13 01:14:14

Julia East's class at Parkside Pool is lovely and relaxing. You can find more info on the Birthlight website (on phone - sorry no link)

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sun 25-Aug-13 01:14:53

^ that one, above my post!

ChestertonCharley Wed 28-Aug-13 16:23:10

Another vote for Anna Youngs. Still in touch with some of the people I met there 6 years later!

chiefwoodpecker Mon 02-Sep-13 21:37:34

Yep Julia East is fab! X

CamNic Tue 03-Sep-13 10:45:58

OP here. Thank you for the tips. I'm now beyond week 12 and will pick something from your list. I like the parkside one since it's close to home. Hope to make friends there smile

Katecgreen Sun 03-Nov-13 22:10:58

Thanks, I think I might try joy of life in Trumpington after reading this thread

Tid1 Thu 28-Nov-13 20:11:29

Hi , I did yoga birth with Sharon budworth in St. Andrews hall in chesterton and really enjoyed it. There was tea and biscuits after the yoga so plenty of tome to chat and meet other people. I met a few ladies who I'm still in contact with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now