Local Talk

Where to donate old toys etc?

(5 Posts)
Cantabile Sat 17-Aug-13 15:05:50

We are having a clear out of old toys and I'm wondering where the best place is to donate some?

Some are not in tip top condition but are the kinds of things that might go down well at a community scheme playgroup - think - plastic oven and workbench but with some parts missing, toy vehicles, plastic toys etc etc.

We also have quite a few old stairgates and safety rails for beds for older children. I'm not sure if anyone would want anything like this or whether both toys and other items need to be in great condition.

We also have ancient lightweight lawnmowers/ strimmer - never used by use but old and scruffy/secondhand - and inherited from previous house-owner - so no idea if they work or if they're safe.

However, the most important factor is that wherever we donate, either there needs to be very easy parking for me to drop off stuff or some scheme where you can arrange a time convenient to you to have things collected.

Anyone know of anywhere like this in and around Cambridge?

magpieC Sun 18-Aug-13 16:22:10

Little Bundles might be interested in the stair gates, although they say they don't need any more toys at the moment.

NewtoCambridge Sun 18-Aug-13 20:39:13

That's a good find, I have loads of baby clothes that could use a home

mynameisnt Wed 21-Aug-13 14:54:57

freecycle?

ChestertonCharley Wed 28-Aug-13 16:24:10

Salvation Army shop or Romsey Mill shop?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now