Local Talk

Next meet up? Pre or post Christmas?

(60 Posts)
theA14 Wed 13-Nov-13 23:32:29

Do I sound to desperate for wine friends, if I start a new meet up thread?

I know it gets busy around Christmas but there might be a date people can do - I could do Friday the 6th or 13th December.

Or the other thing I wondered was about a meet up between Christmas and new year - get out of the house, get some 'fresh air' - I always need it after a few days of enforced jollity - the 28th or 29th December could be options?

Mogz Thu 14-Nov-13 11:51:20

I can't make any time in December as I will be too busy snuggling our newborn and then running about like a blue arsed fly sorting Christmas and a load of family birthdays!
But if anything is happening mid January onwards I would really like the chance to meet people.
Hope you manage to round a few people up, for wine fresh air grin

Molbas Thu 14-Nov-13 19:28:03

Ooh, I can do 6th but not 13th (works xmas do). I guess others may have that problem too?

Would be great to do something soon if enough people are free though, good idea smile

CambridgeNewbie Sun 17-Nov-13 11:47:20

I'd struggle to do anything until the new year really. Heading back to Liverpool that first weekend and then xmas do weekend of 13th.

NewtoCambridge Sun 17-Nov-13 20:36:20

Can't do the 13th, have work do, not sure I can combine a work and MN do again smile

Also now have to figure out how much a cab costs back to our new house, for those of you I've bored with the house saga, I'm moving this week

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 19-Nov-13 11:44:36

I'm definitely up for a between Christmas and New Year / walk / fresh air / glass of mulled wine somewhere.

Is anyone interested in a daytime get together as well - somewhere like Botanic Garden where we can stop for tea and cake

CambridgeFace Tue 19-Nov-13 20:18:27

Just wanted to pop my head round the door and say hello really. I'd love to come to a meet up sometime if I won't be intruding. I moved to Cambridge a few months ago and don't know that many people yet. I work 3 days a week (Mon-Wed) and have a one year old daughter.
Wouldn't want to interfere if you've got a lovely friendly group established already though...

Virgo9 Tue 19-Nov-13 20:26:13

Unfortunately have my Christmas do on 6th and hubby's is on 13th. We're away over Christmas period. Would be up for meet up in Jan.

Virgo9 Tue 19-Nov-13 20:27:24

CambridgeFace this will be my first time meeting everyone too.

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 19-Nov-13 20:38:02

It's absolutely the more the merrier.

GinAndIt Thu 21-Nov-13 07:42:49

I'm fairly busy in december with works do and have to go to in laws etc. I'm going up north for xmas so probably can't meet up between xmas and new year. January would be good, apart from the 10th.

I'm probably going to be made redundant at the end of January so I can drown my sorrows!

NewtoCambridge Fri 22-Nov-13 20:07:01

GinandIt, sorry to hear that. Do you want to DM me, I can see what jobs we have where I work

GinAndIt Fri 22-Nov-13 23:48:19

Thanks NewtoCambridge. I just tried to send you a message but it didn't seem to work confused anyway if you could direct me towards someone in hr that would be great. X

NewtoCambridge Sat 23-Nov-13 10:21:59

Have sent you a message but think it may have my main site name, so if you have a message from someone random starting with "the" that's me

GinAndIt Sat 23-Nov-13 11:45:46

Hmm don't have anything in my mailbox NewtoCambridge. My normal mums net nickname is SterlingCooperDraperPryce, could you try sending it again to that name? Thanks x

NewtoCambridge Sat 23-Nov-13 19:10:06

Will try again

SkinnyLegsAndAll Tue 26-Nov-13 23:09:43

Hi all <waves flag of frivolity>

I'm up for a gathering anytime, just let me know when. I've been back to the Cambridge Brew House twice since our last wine-filled gathering and it continues to be ace, so may I suggest we go there again?

I'm also up for a daytime meet up at the Botanical Gardens - they have cake AND wine!

Sorry to hear about possible redundancy G&It.

theA14 Thu 28-Nov-13 18:09:49

Okey dokey, I was perhaps overly ambitious to squeeze a thing in before christmas. Mogz, Cambridgeface and Virgo9 new people are all welcome.

Let's give Friday January 24th a try - pencil it in maybe?

Yes, oh bum to the job news GinandIt, sorry to hear that. There's a vacancy at the Co-op Bank I hear.

GinAndIt Fri 29-Nov-13 12:43:20

Thanks A14 think I need to get myself a drug habit before they'll hire me at the co-op grin

24th sounds good to me x

CambridgeFace Fri 29-Nov-13 20:55:37

I

CambridgeFace Fri 29-Nov-13 20:56:06

Sorry... I think I can do Friday 24th!

CambridgeFace Fri 29-Nov-13 20:57:47

What kind of work are you looking for GinandIT?

CambridgeNewbie Mon 02-Dec-13 21:03:20

Can I keep you posted? It's my dads birthday that day. The second since he died and I'm not sure how I'll be. Going out might be what I need but I may need to become a hermit that day. Definitely the next one if I can't make it.

Hope the job hunting is going well gin!

Rinnyx Mon 02-Dec-13 22:57:53

Hi
I Would like to come along to one of these meets in the future if its ok and I pluck of the bottle smile I'm quite shy offline at first
Lived away from Cambridge for 8 years so don't have many friends here now
Monies abit tight at the moment as I've just been housed and trying my best to kit it out with 2nd goods as not so DP ex took the house, business, joint account so I'm rocking the single mum of 2 role sad

NekoKutsu Tue 03-Dec-13 12:48:41

Hi hi - would absolutely love to but my due date is next week so with probably be with the newborn (was the pregnant one last time!)

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now